GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Silverado 1500 and the brake lights stopped working. The 3rd light works fine. fuses and bulbs are good. When trailer is plugged in the brake lights work on trailer but not on the truck anyone have any ideas?? Thanks

·
JUGS Racing
1,199 Posts
Check to make sure you have power AND GROUND at the bulbs. Go from there.

Also if you wiggle the bulb does the light come on?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still no go. Test light shows no power to socket when brake pedal pressed..But signals work fine from same socket...???

·
JUGS Racing
1,199 Posts
Trace the wire from the socket to the switch. Wire is probably open somewhere.

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
x2^ check the plug under the truck bed, happened to me before, it was in at an angle so the turn and reverse light signals still worked.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So i got under the truck and pulled the junction block off and took all 4 plugs off of it and found under the blue plug which was pretty much ceased on and once I got it off I saw green corrosion on 2 of the female connections on the blue plug and 2 black male prongs on the junction block. So i am assuming the junction block is bad since those were the only places on it that did not look good?? Any thoughts? going to dealer to pick up a new block tomorrow..

·
Registered
465 Posts
You could clean that one up then if that doesn't work go get a new one. But if you're set on getting a new one buy some dielectric grease and put it in there before plugging them in again. Should be less than a dollar at an auto parts for a small one use pack. Or if you want to protect other connections to keep that from happening again, buy a tube or small bottle of it for around 5 dollars and you'll probably never need to buy any again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts