GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
GMFS Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just at 79,000 miles on my truck and was wondering is it ok to just replace the brake pads or do I need to get new rotors too? my brakes dont squeak just a little difficult to come to a stop sometimes

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Rotors are so cheap and easy to replace might as well replace them while the caliper is off.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Rotors are so cheap and easy to replace might as well replace them while the caliper is off.
:lol: I wouldn't say cheap...

At 80,000 miles, if you haven't replaced the rotors, it's time...especially with big rims. Buy a brake micrometer, they are cheap, and it will tell you if you do or don't need to replace the rotors.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have 70,000 miles on my truck. I will be installing powerslot rotors and hawk brake pads. I can't seem to find any stainless steel brakelines though. Looks like they make stainless steel brakelines for 99-04 models. I have disc up front and drums in the rear for my 05.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
I PAIF $15 a peice for rotors on my 96 and $25 for the pads. $55 total i had all new shit up front.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
It depends on what brand you go with...for the NBS...

...for the front...cheap rotors = $30, most quality stuff = $50+
...for the rear...cheap rotors = $70, most quality stuff = $100+

Cheap being, the cheapest you can get from your local napa, aap, o'reileys, etc.. Quality being trusted name brand stuff. The "performance" stuff is $$$ for the NBS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts