GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i havent been able to diagnoise this problem and wondering if anyone has had an simmilar issue.

2001 silverado ext cab 5.3

everyonce in a while the brake pedal will go straight to the floor board, how ever the brakes still grab but dont work so well, and then the brake pedle some times pulsates then this occours.... it used to not be as frequent but is becoming and everyday thing now:supergay:

·
Registered
303 Posts
sounds a lot like an issue associate with building vaccum. Is it possible your brake booster is going out? Many of us cammed guys have this problem with bigger cams because they don't build vacuum as well.

·
OGMFS Member
1,327 Posts
Keep bumpin this, I almost wanna say there is a service bulletin or something for this.
Yeah, I read something about the wheel sensors corroding, causing the a.b.s. to activate. Pull your fuses to the a.b.s. and see if the problem goes away. Wheel hop made my abs activate like this once, I jammed the pedal so hard I f'ed up my big toe!:rofl2:

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that makes sense then cause i kicked a code a few times about the wheel sensor but when i put my spindals on it i looked at them and they seemed fine.... must be it then.. guess i need to find that recall notice now

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i pulled the fuse and it seemed to be better.. but it still did it....
i then replaced the fuse back and it did it once... iam going to run the scan tool again and see whats up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts