GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This little metal thing that goes on my driverside brake pad broke once again. It makes a loud ass sound. What the hell can i do to fix this and why did it happen again?
BTW...just got my truck back with 4.88 installed. It was funny driving home having no idea how fast i was going. How would I be able to figure that out?

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
im not too sure what you are talking about by the metal thing, need more info, where it is and stuff.

gears...time to go see allen for a tune.

Dan

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have the tune sitting on my table...Waiting on the update to come in.
Its the thing that holds the brake pad in place...I'll go take a pic in a min and show you.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
how'd you manage to break one of those? :think: my only guess is it wasn't installed right...but it takes talent to get one of those wrong....

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1.gif

Not the greatest pic but oh well. That metal piece in the yellow circle i can slide around.

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well they replaced it with a old one that was fine and it broke. Then replaced with a new one and broke. Then they basically said I'm sol so I'm taking it in somewhere else

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm taking it into midas today. Yah the mechanic who worked on it before said he has never heard of that thing breaking so I don't know wtf is going on.

Anyone have an idea on how I can figure out my actual speed now? I have seen those equations but I don't know all the variables you're supposed to plug in like transfer case ratio

1 - 10 of 10 Posts