GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Fluffy and Armed
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 Silverado WT

When putting new brakes on is it okay to compress the caliper down with "C" clamps or other means to put the new pads on so they clear?

·
Cocksmith Extraordinaire
4,775 Posts
what the fuck is a Queston?

·
Fluffy and Armed
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just making sure nothing has changed with all of today's crazy ass vehicles guys. Thanks.

·
Fluffy and Armed
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What a bunch of smart asses you all are.:rofl2: Thanks again.:shake: :worship:

·
Registered
446 Posts
I actually was informed by a mechanic to open the bleeder screw as you are compressing the piston so you don't push any shit that might be in the caliper back up into the lines and possibly into the abs unit. With that said, i never worried about it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just did my brake pads and rotors a couple weekends ago and I used a c clamp and it worked just fine man, just remember the bleeder screw tip that kawamatt2 mentioned to ya.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
well, since you have your question answered, how do i go about changing the rotors on the front?
Once you get the caliper off, it is all a piece of cake. Rotors are, remove nuts, remove calipers, pull off rotor. Once in there, you'll have no problem doing it.

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
Once you get the caliper off, it is all a piece of cake. Rotors are, remove nuts, remove calipers, pull off rotor. Once in there, you'll have no problem doing it.
but how do you remove them? like how are they attached to it? do i beat them off with a hammer, do they pull off, etc?

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
But you left out that you have to take the spindle nut off and remove the bearings...
See the part that reads "remove nuts." Meaning that anyone who can understand righty tighty and lefty loosey can take it off. It's not hard. "Hardest" thing is the caliper.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts