GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
GMFS Member
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These wheels are "pretty much" brand new. I put them on my truck last night at 6, took the girlfriend out to eat at chedders and drove back to the house and put the truck in the garage. I would say maybe a total of 15 miles. I just think my truck needs some 24's on it. The truck is just too big for 22's. :imo

Here are the specs on them :

Wheels - Fully polished Intro Twisted Vista II's
Tires - Pirelli Scorpion Zero

-Front-
22x8.5 with 6.5" backspacing
265/35R22

-Rear-
22x10 with 7.25" backspacing. The faces on the wheels have been shaved to give the wheel a bigger lip
305/35R22

Here's the retail prices on the wheels and tires before tax, mounting and balancing:

Wheels - $3700
Front tires - $220 each
Rear tires - $378 each
Total - $4896

What does $4000 sound? The wheels and tires will already be mounted and balanced, I will include gorilla acron lug nuts with locking lug nuts, the wheels have 3 coats of Poorboys wheel sealant on them and the tires have been dressed with Adam's V.R.T.

IMG_1795-1.jpg

IMG_1796-1.jpg

IMG_1797.jpg

IMG_1799.jpg

IMG_1800.jpg

IMG_1801.jpg

IMG_1802.jpg

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
:nono:

and people give me shit about swapping superchargers and being indecisive??

·
GMFS Member
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, I am going to do something different with this truck. I want some 24's, a 6/10 static drop, a killer ride and be able to haul cars on my trailer. So, someone buy these wheels and tires. :D

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Where are tires gonna fit in that ratio? :crazy:

·
BartODell.com
103 Posts
Dude I told you last weekend when I came to get the other crap from you that you would not have these a month! LOL!!!! Nuts bro nuts!

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
Okay, I am going to do something different with this truck. I want some 24's, a 6/10 static drop, a killer ride and be able to haul cars on my trailer. So, someone buy these wheels and tires. :D
u plan on towing WITH 24s and a 6/10 drop?

·
GMFS Member
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll still have the steel wheels with police caps for shitty weather and towing. :)

truck will be rubbed front and rear for proper suspension up travel.

·
OG
6,939 Posts
I'll still have the steel wheels with police caps for shitty weather and towing. :)

truck will be rubbed front and rear for proper suspension up travel.
Yeah it's def gonna rubb :crazy:

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
im sure you'll get the 24s on there with the 6/10 drop, BUT...turning? aaaahahahhahah!

It'll look badass, not very practical, but badass indeed!

·
GMFS Member
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
im sure you'll get the 24s on there with the 6/10 drop, BUT...turning? aaaahahahhahah!

It'll look badass, not very practical, but badass indeed!
So you honestly think that I just came up with the crazy idea of doing a 6/10 drop and not considered the turning issues? Dude it seems like you're always on my nuts. Check out the work that I have done in the past, you can clearly tell that I think shit through and don't just dive off into shit and run into major problems without an idea of how to possibly make it work. I'm sure it's going to take quite a bit of thought to make it work but I'm not scared. 24x8.5 3 piece wheels will definitely help out :)

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
So you honestly think that I just came up with the crazy idea of doing a 6/10 drop and not considered the turning issues? Dude it seems like you're always on my nuts. Check out the work that I have done in the past, you can clearly tell that I think shit through and don't just dive off into shit and run into major problems without an idea of how to possibly make it work. I'm sure it's going to take quite a bit of thought to make it work but I'm not scared. 24x8.5 3 piece wheels will definitely help out :)
whoa whoa whoa, settle down there cowboy. I'm not on your nuts, but a 6" drop in front on a 24" with full turning capabilities? I dunno man, and like I said, it would be a badass ride, just don't think ride quality would be there at all.

The truck on 22s looked badass. Roll those for awhile and throw that blower on there and enjoy.

·
GMFS Member
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't expect to have 100% of the stock turn radius. Right now I have McGaughys 16" spindles and lost quite a bit of turning with those. Honestly, who knows what will happen. I change my mind daily.

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
ok, well i still love you. for what its worth.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts