GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So , just got my truck running last night so today me and a bunch of friends go out muddin. It was my truck and my buddies '86 suburban on 33's and a friends '86 silverado on 35's but they were off in a different hole.. this was first time i had this truck locked in 4x4. well the guy i bought it from forgot to grind the nubs down on the front shaft to make the angle and i didnt know about this....
i put it in 4lo lock at the top of this creek, put the hammer down into the bottom, my front tires crawled up about 1/2 of the other bank.. i hear the front shaft binding but by then it was too late.
driveline twisted off, my 38's dug down and sunk down so deep into the goo that i can no longer see my rear 10" drop bumper. :head: So i got the rear of my truck completely submerged, and the front is up in the air.

Then as its sitting there idling, my fan belt shreds and i heard it so i shut the truck off at 230*. :pissed:
so i go to town, got a fan belt and a tow rope to pul lit out. WEll i get back out there and i find that my starter solinoid is burnt up.. and it was geting late so we really didnt have any time for it and i was completely out of patience.
So tomorrow im picking up my new soliniod, and i have a few driveshafts layin around im guna slap one on quick, and we'll have to tug it out while im slingin' mud. i took pics but i have to go get the camera developed so it could be a week or so. Just thought i'd share, it was pretty fun! :head:

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i got it pulled out today.. since my soliniod is shot all i could do was steer it. First we tried it from the front with a tow rope.. we hook the tow rope to my front tow hook and on the ball of the suburban, he jerked it and ripped my tow hook completely off, twisting my bumper and safely landing the hook through the back window into the back seat. :LOL: So then we got a ( :whyme: ) ford bronco on 33's, 2 chains and tried pulling from back. The burban on one side, the bronco on the other and jerked like hell and finally got it out of there. my soliniod should be here by 2, so go put that on and shes ready to rumble. :head:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts