GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all names Josh n im new here... My brother owns a 94 silverado ECSB with a 5.7 in it. has 109k on the clock 6 inch lift n 315's. Has had minimal problems with it since hes owned it until about 4 days ago... He ran out n came back to his house and shut the truck off... Didnt even get out of the cab, went to start it up again n all it did was click as if the battery didnt have enough power to engage the starter. So first things first we try to jump start it off my duramax and have no success... I assume the starter shit out and go to remove it and one of the connections was rusted on and broke the solenoid. So i go buy a new starter and have them test it at the store to b sure its good and it works flawlessly. go put it on the truck and it still clicks. Remove the battery and have it tested and it also passes. Tried using one of my batteries in his truck which i know are good and it also just clicks. I made a jumper wire to go from the positive side of the battery to the starter to bypass the main battery cable also just clicks. Also tried jumpin the solenoid with a screwdriver n same story just clicks like a dead battery. gettin to whits end here as im running out of ideas haha. Hoping someone here will have some insight as to what else i can check before i pull my hair out! Thanks to everyone in advance!!!

Side note solenoid is mounted on the starter and is new!

·
GMFS Senior Member
3,237 Posts
Does the starter work if you test it manually? I've had them die on me within a day, and others last years.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts