GMC Truck Forum banner

BS or NOT

4K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  bcubed 
#1 ·
www.autodry.com

Well, what do ya'll think? Bullshit or no? I'm mainly asking because I'm too damn lazy... :crazy:

#5 ·
the chevy dealership in la habra uses it and its quite nice... after they bring it out to you its all wet and you just drive off and it dries with no spots... it's be because on the commercial they show "what it looks like" when its done... but that car a fucking waxed...

#10 ·
I don't see why it wouldn't work...water spots are usually mineral deposits right? and this filters the water so the deposits are no longer in it. :)

I can always see where i missed with my absorber on the truck because it dries in spots...but when i wipe the truck down (easily noticable on the glass areas) with the absorber it isn't fully dry, but you can see the water just evaporate off and leave no spots behind, so i guess this would work in the same way. If nothing i'm sure it would make it much easier when drying your truck since if you missed a little spot it wouldn't leave spots? :think:

I sent off for my coupons and i'll see whats up when it gets here :naughty:

#16 ·
Well I got one and have used it 2 times. Here is my review on it...

It is a very cool thing and good idea. But there are some flaws that I see. I am also not the normal person using it and probably not using it as it is meant. For example most people using it don’t have another person working for you so for me its easier and faster just to dry it off like normal. I don’t like doing the first rinse with the Mr. Clean because of the spray patter. Applying the soap with the Mr. Clean is pretty easy and the soap-suds real nice. There is something weird with the soap though because your mitts are left very dirty that doesn’t just rinse off. Its like the dirt just stays on the mitts. Then after doing the wash I rinse it off with my normal nozzle. Next is the spot free rinse. This is a very good system they have, dionized water. The filter that you get is only good for 3 uses then you have to buy new ones but they get 10 uses depending on how hard your water is for around $6. The only problem is that there is very little water pressure on this setting because the water is slowed down from the filter. It sprays out like a mist and you are suppose to rinse the entire vehicle off like this and rinse off the normal water. Because there is so little water pressure it takes a while to rinse off. Doing this during cold weather it takes a long time to dry and I just decided to dry it off after waiting a while. It did leave the vehicle spot free. In the end I wont be using this much. I am going to give it another try during the summer but still won’t use it much. For the normal washer it may be good and if you have hard water and get spots when washing I would definitely use it.

#21 ·
Saw this at Target the other day. considered buying but decided against it. I figured I could rinse off my truck by pissing on it faster than I could with that POS. I think I'll try the garden pump with distilled water method instead. sounds a lot easier and a lot cheaper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.