GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to modify my 4wd 2008 CCSB Vortec Max into a mild pre runner. I'm torn between the Camburg/Fox coil over and shock kit for $2500, Ready Lift mid travel front kit or Mazzulla's $2700 front end kit and Fox 2.0 rear shocks. I'm fairly new to the off road scene, so I'd like some input on what to do, both front and rear. I've seen some suggestions of Deaver mini packs, but I'm not sure what the performance benefit is. I plan to use my truck daily for light hauling (dirt bikes in the bed, maybe a 20' or less boat or a car, but that will be once or twice per year, so I can make some compromises on towing), and tearing around the local sand dunes and back roads with a friend or two.

I'm planning on a reshoot of the factory paint in the near future, so fiberglass fenders will probably be added at that point if needed. 33-35" General Grabbers and a set of 17x9 Machined Method Standards are my first choice for rolling stock, but also open to suggestions.

Basically, I want a daily driver that can handle some calf deep whoops and light air time on the dunes. Would like to keep the budget around $2-5k for suspension mod, but I will dish out the coin to do things right.

Thanks in advance!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts