GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
What do you mean when you say, like the mothers powerball? Just that it attaches to a cordless drill? Just clarify your question a little for a better answer :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
You can find "spot buff" pads that attach to a drill but I'd pass on one. They can leave MAD swirls and can easily burn paint, even in "trained" hands. If you're just going to use it to buff out some small scratchesd you should be OK, but for your whole truck, buck up and buy a PC :anitoof:

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
yea, like Dolan said, 4" pads on a cordless is gonna be a mess to do a whole car w/. It is great for doin stuff like headlights, windshields, etc, but I'd stay away on doin whole exteriors.

·
Cartmans Critters
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea, like Dolan said, 4" pads on a cordless is gonna be a mess to do a whole car w/. It is great for doin stuff like headlights, windshields, etc, but I'd stay away on doin whole exteriors.
What products do you recommend for a white truck to get its best shine?

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
What products do you recommend for a white truck to get its best shine?
White is a tough color... believe me, i know, my s10 is white. Getting it to look good really depends on what the paint needs though. If you need polishing, I'd suggest something like optimum polish. It does a great job of removing swirls. A chemical cleaner like professional polish does a nice job as a prewax cleaner too. As last step products, I'd suggest exp, then top that w/ either clearkote carnuba moose wax or nattys paste wax.

·
Registered
125 Posts
i have a porter cable random orbit buffer. it has adjustable speed settings and since it orbits instead of spinning it is almost impossible to hurt your paint. i use in along with 3m machine glaze and WOOOWWWW! i also apply my wax with it. by far one of the best investments i have made for my truck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts