GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
64BE8DAF-67AF-4139-B4C7-3BA4BB54A363_zps935e1718.jpg

This is my new 02 Sub, 2wd with the 5.3. Its in great shape. I've been plotting on a few things, really looking for a look that could be a factory 'performance' style truck. A little low, a little go (in all seriousness, its a Sub, its definitely not setting any land speed records).

Thinking of a 3/5 drop, some Tahoe 20s for the stance. Get it low and even. Like this fine example, from Anthony:
D6F9F212-2DC8-468D-A3AD-9D0F3DC0BE44_zps26f10bdd.jpg

For the go, not much really, just able to get up and go and a bit better gas mileage. Looking at a cold air intake, yet to be decided, cat back probably a Magnaflow, and an Edge Evolution programmer, for the ability to watch the vitals and all in one convenient unit.

It needs to be rid of the emblems and moldings, they're bad. Figure throw in a billet grill and some clears for the looks, and a bit of the color match too.

Its not going to be a huge in depth build up that some of y'all have and I've oogled over, be something that looks like a factory SS or other sport truck.

What did I miss or something you would add?

·
GMFS Member
749 Posts
Plans sound good. That Tahoe is sick

I and most people on this forum would recommend a custom tune from someone like BBP over the Edge. It'd be better than the edge and cheaper (depending how you get the tune). Cause I mean, how important is it to watch the vitals on a pretty much stock suburban?

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Plans sound great. Anything that looks remotely close to that Tahoe will be amazing!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Plans sound good. That Tahoe is sick

I and most people on this forum would recommend a custom tune from someone like BBP over the Edge. It'd be better than the edge and cheaper (depending how you get the tune). Cause I mean, how important is it to watch the vitals on a pretty much stock suburban?
Good thinking, and I have been thinking about this too. I know Edge makes the same thing that doesn't have a tune in it, just a monitor. I like the monitor to watch and help with mpgs and all. But reading on the BBP tune I think you are right that it will be a better tune and supporting a site sponsor is always a huge plus!

Being its a family ride I am definitely wanting to keep the ride nice, so I am thinking that the spindles and a minor decrank will keep it nice riding, and in reading, the McGaughy coils give an awesome ride. With the 20s and a factory tire size I believe will give it the best ride possible. It will also be 1.3" taller will help the mpgs too.

For clarification, I'm coming out of a 4runner so its a bit bigger and more thirsty than the 4runner is, but a growing family, both in size and number its been awesome!

·
Registered
876 Posts
Sounds like you have a solid plan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts