GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, I gotta '99 regular cab with a bone stock stereo and about $1000 to spend. Here's what I have left over from an old truck:

1. Alpine V12 MRV-F300s (4/3/2 -- 40wx4 into 2ohms, or mono 80wx2 into 4ohms)

2. Alpine V12 MRV-T503 (2 x 200w or 1 x 500w)

3. JL Audio stealth enclosure for 99+ extended cabs (the trick here is that my current truck is a regular cab... Not sure if the actuall speaker if taken out of the enclosure would be useful for me or not... If not, does somebody want this thing (has grey carpet)?)

4. AI NEt 6-disc changer.... An older Alpine unit that I don't really care if it used or not in my new system... I don't use changers that much really...

And that's all I have handy for the install. My only requirements for the finished system are:

1. I don't care about boomy bass. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that a single nicely done and tight sounding 8" or 10" sub would be great for me. Also, I don't want to lose any clicks in the seat... Anyone around here make nice custom enclosures? Like those fancy fiberglass ones?

2. I must have an Alpine head unit... I'm just used to them...

3. I really want XM radio.

4. I would like to have an extra Aux source to plug RCA cables into in order to use my iPod

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
820 Posts
You can put 2-10"s behind behind your seat without sliding your seat up easily. Try looking at onlinecarstereo.com you should be able to find you a headunit on there with all the functions you want on it.

·
Registered
736 Posts
sell it all and get a classic, mint condition, A-Track player. that will comment your interior nicely and also provide great, life time sound.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Black_Chrome said:
sell it all and get a classic, mint condition, A-Track player. that will comment your interior nicely and also provide great, life time sound.

:LOL: Wtf is an "A-track" player?

Don't you mean "8 track"?

:LOL:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts