GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 248 Posts

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
decided to start a thread about gett my prerunner together... ill have hte kit probably on the 16th (with pics) heres some pics i have for now...

-these shocks are for the rear suspenion (2.0 12" sway-a-ways, threaded)
-new glassworks unlimits fenders with 3" bulge
-AR baja's 16x8 on 315/75R16 maxxis buckshot mudders

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Wow. I dont think I even knew you were doing this.

Cant wait to see it when Its all finished up :head:

·
Registered
167 Posts
You'll be very happy with the CST coilover kit. I've seen a few +03 or newer trucks running the fiberglass fenders and they look mean! What are you doing about the rear? Springs? Bed cage? Who is doing the install?
Come on fellas, whats wrong with running triple FOX shocks on each corner :LOL:

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya, ive only heard good about the cst kit for mild offroading... ill be running 1" deaver springs with custom camburg shackles and the 14" shocks in the pic... and in a month or 2 my bed will probably be fully caged with a fuel cell and dual spare tire mounts and a few months after that some 3.0 bypasses :drool:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
looking good.. nice to see a non mini pre runner :rocking: i hate minis...

·
Registered
167 Posts
brock said:
ya, ive only heard good about the cst kit for mild offroading... ill be running 1" deaver springs with custom camburg shackles and the 14" shocks in the pic... and in a month or 2 my bed will probably be fully caged with a fuel cell and dual spare tire mounts and a few months after that some 3.0 bypasses :drool:
Seems like you know what you want but it also seems like your gonna waste alot of money doing things over. Why spend the money on Deaver springs to have to buy a set of shackles. Why buy a set of coilovers or shocks to replace them with triple bypasses? If there is one thing that I have learned if your going to do it do it right the first time the way you want it to be. I understand money is always an issue and while taking the route you are now seems like your saving money it'll end up costing you more in the long run.

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
whne these wear out after like 20k miles ill probably just get all terrains or bfg mud terrains... im nto getting baja ta's cuz they suck on street...

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
y2kboti said:
Seems like you know what you want but it also seems like your gonna waste alot of money doing things over. Why spend the money on Deaver springs to have to buy a set of shackles. Why buy a set of coilovers or shocks to replace them with triple bypasses? If there is one thing that I have learned if your going to do it do it right the first time the way you want it to be. I understand money is always an issue and while taking the route you are now seems like your saving money it'll end up costing you more in the long run.
?? im running deavers with camburg shackles... and when i pick up my bypass shocks im going to be linked in the back, so i will need a set of coilovers and a set of bypass, btu i wotn be linked for like a year... so its all good...

·
FEARS NO POTHOLE
311 Posts
y2kboti said:
with the camburg shackles you get more travelbe cause they are longer and the leaf will drop out further on ranger you have to flip the hanger and run loner shackles if you want to run deavers. this web site can explain it way better them i can though. i know it's long, but it's a shit load of worthwhile information
Why longer shackles

·
FEARS NO POTHOLE
311 Posts
oh and by the way if i were you i would run saw's or king in the front, fox's tend to leak, what spring rates are you planing on running

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ya, im pretty sure they are kings... and ill get back to you on the spring rates... im so stoked...

·
FEARS NO POTHOLE
311 Posts
well with the rear bedcage are you gonna have a cab cage fabbed, with V8 with the suspension to keep up with it in romping it could get you in trouble.
my buddy was the passenger and he broke his wrist, drive was unscathed....both are very lucky to be alive
Why have a cage

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wow... maybe ill just have the shock hoops and use the money to cage my cab first... thanks for the link man...

1 - 20 of 248 Posts