GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when bulbs are advertised they have certain ratings on them like 4500k, 8000k, 7000k. what do these mean? are those temps?

·
The Woolly One
404 Posts
Color of the light output. Lower is more yellow, higher gets into blue/violet area.

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
6000k is the whitest you'll get...

dubsilverado gets them for around 235 shipped.

im going with 8000k a light tint of blue..but bright.

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
Dub Silverado can get you a set for about 235 shipped...dont know if the price went up or not.

6000k is the brightest white they have... 8000k is brighter but with a tint of blue to it.

my friend has the 6000k...when it gets almost dark...i cant even see the lights on.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have some 4500k ones, they look like they will be blue cause they are tinted but will these appear yellow?

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dub Silverado can get you a set for about 235 shipped...dont know if the price went up or not.

6000k is the brightest white they have... 8000k is brighter but with a tint of blue to it.

my friend has the 6000k...when it gets almost dark...i cant even see the lights on.
what do you mean you cant see the lights on?

·
OG
1,498 Posts
6000k is the whitest you'll get...

dubsilverado gets them for around 235 shipped.

im going with 8000k a light tint of blue..but bright.
From what I've heard, 4300K is optimal white on the color spectrum. Anything higher starts getting in the blue/purple spectrum and anything lower gets into the gold/yellow spectrum.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Actually yes they are temperature. K stands for Kelvin which it the units it is measure in. I have not taken Physics in a few years back in high school, but I think it is 273 over Celsius. But the higher the temperature the more blue/purple it will become.
Cars like BMWs come with 4200K stock. The closest aftermarket you can get is 4300k without using OEM parts. From your view it will be white but reflecting you will see a whiteish bluish hint, at least in our 530. Around 6000K will become more blue and the higher you go the more purple you go. Also note the lower it is it will be brighter. Blue and purple ones are more for show compared to the 4200K.

·
Registered
264 Posts
i have some 4500k ones, they look like they will be blue cause they are tinted but will these appear yellow?
They will be closer to white with a hint of blue. Yellow ones are way below your temperature.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
awesome, thats perfect, thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts