GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a bully dog triple dog tuner off a buddy for my 07.5 Silverado 6L, and in the download process it stops and says part number error contact bully dog and it won't download to my truck? Anyone know how to fix this or any info on this?

·
Registered
73 Posts
not an expert on them but i have one in my 07.5 and i like it but i would recommend getting it dyno tuned if you want the best results in a tune. anyway back to your problem, have you tried updating it via USB on your computer?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tried doing that and it didn't recognize it when I hook it up to USB and couldnt get much to work. Do I need the cd that it comes with because I didn't get that when I bought it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so I have the update agent downloaded but when I hook it up to USB it doesn't show up I'm the update agent

·
Registered
73 Posts
when you plug it up with the update agent open what do your tuner display show that it read SD card and after that does it say

USB sourse:
SD PRESENT
Card Detected
USB MODE

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
with the update agent open and I plug it in it's says on the tuner
install download
DTC Menu
Settings

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't even have an sd card on this tuner

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya he said he returned it back to stock when he took it out

·
Registered
73 Posts
if he only returned it back to stock and not uninstall from my understanding that wont let you use it on another truck i could be wrong ive never tried to use mine on another truck does he have the same truck as in 07.5-13 NBS Chevrolet Silverado?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got it to show up in the update agent now but when I click up I get and error of some sort

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so uninstalling it and returning it back to stock are two different things? he had an 08 1500

·
Registered
73 Posts
i could remember really but the only thing he could have done was select uninstall GT and that sets it back to as if its never been installed... when you plug it in your computer after it reads the SD card it should tell you that your in USB mode and you can key 2 for abort USB mode then it will bring you to the gauge display and then you can select key 1 for menu

install download
gauge setup
set user options
performance testing
driving coach setup
vehicle settings
special functions
diagnostics
show settings
uninstall GT
update GT software

i need to know exactly in detail what it say and does when you hook it up to USB and what it does on the truck too

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
this tuner doesn't have an sd card, are we talking about the same one or does it matter?

·
Registered
73 Posts
well hell thats the problem my friend. it has no programming on it. everything is stored and downloaded to an external memory that being an SD card micro 2GB is what mine come with out of the package.

after you get a SD card for it you will need to open the update agent. plug up to USB a window will pop up and it will ask you what tuner you have select what tuner you have and then it will download and update the tuner programming, not the programming for your specific truck!! you will need then hook it back to your truck install in on your truck so it can read what truck you have and link all the info off your truck to it...do not select download yet!!! you will probably have to get the latest update for your truck unplug bring it back to your computer open the update agent and hook it up to USB. the update agent will then show your truck and tell you if there is an update for it. once updated you can then hook it back up to your truck and then select download GT

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't even have a sd card slot on the tuner!! this isn't the triple dog gt tuner I just says triple dog gas on it!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I bought a bully dog triple dog tuner off a buddy for my 07.5 Silverado 6L, and in the download process it stops and says part number error contact bully dog and it won't download to my truck? Anyone know how to fix this or any info on this?
Ok then in your original post you didn't specify that. thats my fault i should of asked i guess. i have no experience with those you may have to contact bully dog.....

·
Registered
73 Posts
even if its not a gt its still a programming error different truck have different may have different part numbers for the ECM and Transmission and you have 2500 and he had a 1500 right? 07.5 and 08?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
alright no worries thanks for your help though!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts