GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
GMFS founding member
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i'm measuring after cranking my front end up 1.5" and i notice the left side of my bumper sticks out way farther than the right side. i looked at it head on, and sure enough the chrome piece in between the two vents in the bumper does not line up with the center of the truck. it's off by at least an inch. i loosened a bunch of bolts underneath and banged on the bumper but it didn't move much. fuck the dealership on this one, i'm calling GM CAC directly and they can come fix this on their own time. i know this isn't a huge deal, but i expected more when i chose GM this time.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
not a big deal, it happens. there are 10 bolts to loosen and you can do what you want with it. fords and toyotas come crooked too :read:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
lowred said:
not a big deal, it happens. there are 10 bolts to loosen and you can do what you want with it. fords and toyotas come crooked too :read:
especially tundras :anitoof:

·
previously USMC05
552 Posts
dude there is no problem there i bet ur the only one thats knows about it. I have an 03 with a 5 " lift and 35"s and my bumber isnt excatly straight either but if u want to fix it losein the bolts and realin it and tightin them back up no biggy :bowtie:

·
GMFS founding member
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lowred said:
what else is wrong, these are minor things.
it's going into the shop thursday. i've all but given up on the squeaks and rattles, but i'm going to a new dealership and will inquire if they have any way of fixing the driver's door, which squeaks constantly. the gearshift is broken, it just wiggles between drive and 3rd and won't lock into either gear. the ignition switch never has been right, it's been replaced 3 times. i think the interlock is fucked up and this has something to do with the gearshift not working right. who knows.

aside from warranty stuff, the seats suck so bad. i hate to keep complaining about them, but you need to sit in an '04 with cloth seats to fully appreciate how badly they suck. i had lumbar installed in my seat, they put it in the middle of my back and it hurts worse now than it did before. the seatback squeaked before the install but squeaks way worse now. i can't even stand to move in it when the radio is off. i'm going to request a refund from the installer. if he declines, i'm going to yank at least the drivers seat if not both front seats, sell them, and get some '03 cloth seats with factory lumbar and eat the $100.

other than that, i'm happy with the truck :)

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
hovisimo said:
it's going into the shop thursday. i've all but given up on the squeaks and rattles, but i'm going to a new dealership and will inquire if they have any way of fixing the driver's door, which squeaks constantly. the gearshift is broken, it just wiggles between drive and 3rd and won't lock into either gear. the ignition switch never has been right, it's been replaced 3 times. i think the interlock is fucked up and this has something to do with the gearshift not working right. who knows.

aside from warranty stuff, the seats suck so bad. i hate to keep complaining about them, but you need to sit in an '04 with cloth seats to fully appreciate how badly they suck. i had lumbar installed in my seat, they put it in the middle of my back and it hurts worse now than it did before. the seatback squeaked before the install but squeaks way worse now. i can't even stand to move in it when the radio is off. i'm going to request a refund from the installer. if he declines, i'm going to yank at least the drivers seat if not both front seats, sell them, and get some '03 cloth seats with factory lumbar and eat the $100.

other than that, i'm happy with the truck :)
the gearshift and ignition switch are understandable along with the squeaks and rattles, the 03 seats are the same as 04s, i drive new trucks alot for local dealerships, and havent really had a confortability problem. i think they are alot more confortable then 90% of the fords i drive (king ranch being the exception) and much more comfortable than any dodge, titan or tundra. this is all IMO though.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
werd... my friends tundra has the worst seat's i've ever been in. Maybe you just need to adjust your lumbar support so its right. I love my seats, and everyone thats ever ridden in my truck loves them. Then again i have the power leather seats, so i dunno.

·
GMFS founding member
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lowred said:
the gearshift and ignition switch are understandable along with the squeaks and rattles, the 03 seats are the same as 04s, i drive new trucks alot for local dealerships, and havent really had a confortability problem. i think they are alot more confortable then 90% of the fords i drive (king ranch being the exception) and much more comfortable than any dodge, titan or tundra. this is all IMO though.
i'm trying to find some better seats. power leather seats from an SLT would be nice, but cloth will suffice as long as the lumbar support doesn't suck. my tundras seats didn't have lumbar but were much more comfortable than the sierra's seats. never had any reason to look at ford or nissan. the ignition and now the gearshift seems like a never-ending problem, and little things like the squeaks and the the bumper don't do much for my already low opinion of GM. i'm not going to flame GM or anything... i just don't like my GM truck.

·
GMFS founding member
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
2k1slvrdo said:
werd... my friends tundra has the worst seat's i've ever been in. Maybe you just need to adjust your lumbar support so its right. I love my seats, and everyone thats ever ridden in my truck loves them. Then again i have the power leather seats, so i dunno.
toyota is not well known for making good seats, but like i said...

already tried adjusting the lumbar. it goes from uncomfortable to really uncomfortable. it's up way too high.

·
Banned
487 Posts
well you can give me the seats i guess..... mine are all ripped up and dirty... wait... nevermind. I think a new seat would probably fall through the rusty floor if i tried putting it in tehre. :LOL:

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
hovismo, why did you buy a GMC instead of another tundra?? not flaming, just curious.

·
GMFS founding member
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lowred said:
hovismo, why did you buy a GMC instead of another tundra?? not flaming, just curious.
the reasons are too numerous to describe. i tow and haul large/heavy loads regularly and the tundra just couldn't get it done with the small bed, underpowered engine and carlike suspension. the tundra was a good truck for about its first 60,000 miles, then it had major problems. rear end and brakes went out, seat belts quit working, etc. so i was determined never to buy another toyota, and GMC was offering a true fullsize truck with an 8' bed and a big V8 and $2500 cash back... tundra needed like $3,000 worth of work so i ended the lease. in hindsight, the tundra was much better to me early on than the sierra has been. i didn't buy another one because they're too damn small. i've been saying it on TS for years, toyota needs to get their ass in gear and make a 3/4ton truck. the 4.7L V8 is an awesome engine... for daily driving and towing or hauling light loads. they have the potential to make an awesome truck, it's just taking them a long time to get around to it. a heavy duty tundra is in the works and will debut around 2007. they're building the plant in SA right now. if it's big and powerful enough i'll look at them again.

·
Handshake Drugs
310 Posts
Atleast your truck hasnt been repainted brand new by the dealership and they did a super crappy job and the owner didnt know about it. Then I became the owner and took the side moldings off. The first owner was an old guy who had no idea I guess so he never did anything about it. :bawl: So now I have a huge area down each side thas a different color that I dont have the money to fix cause Im in high school without a job. :bawl: But its all good

1 - 20 of 20 Posts