GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
a.k.a. turbodan
Joined
·
3,220 Posts
well, your kinda doing it right, just need more power from your engine i guess. my tires start spinning at like 1600 or so, and i really dont need to hold the brakes. just give er hell. its not too good to powerbrake because you are holding the brakes on and it puts stress on everything and results in glazed or even cracked rear brake pads and other drivetrain parts. but it sure is fun......he he he
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,895 Posts
This was without a Nelson tune, BTW. :LOL:

Once you get the tires spinning, feather the throttle and they will continue to spin. This pic was taken about halfway through the burnout. Towards the end, most of the truck was covered in smoke, and I had to get out of the area because the cloud was starting to attract attention.
 

Attachments

·
I'll Take teh Case!
Joined
·
1,918 Posts
Whifflebat said:
If you don't want to tear something up, don't do a burnout. No matter how you do it, its hard on your drivetrain.

but...

water or bleach under tires makes it alot easier...
:word:

It's also hard your tires too :burnout:

Only 12k miles and I need new rubber :bawl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
736 Posts
91_bowtie said:
This was without a Nelson tune, BTW. :LOL:

Once you get the tires spinning, feather the throttle and they will continue to spin. This pic was taken about halfway through the burnout. Towards the end, most of the truck was covered in smoke, and I had to get out of the area because the cloud was starting to attract attention.
Damn dude, that must have town the hell out of your drive line
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,816 Posts
Black_Chrome said:
Damn dude, that must have town the hell out of your drive line
Probably not as much as you would think, the hardest part is getting them to break traction in the first place, because you're breaking static friction. Once they're spinning all you're overcoming is sliding friction, which isn't nearly as strong. Besides...



...thats a photoshop :LOL:





j/k
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,895 Posts
Whifflebat said:
Probably not as much as you would think, the hardest part is getting them to break traction in the first place, because you're breaking static friction. Once they're spinning all you're overcoming is sliding friction, which isn't nearly as strong. Besides...



...thats a photoshop :LOL:





j/k
The only parts that were torn up were the tires. :driver:

Here's another photoshop. :LOL: I poured 1 cup of bleach on each tire, but as you can see, very little of it actually got under the tires. :crazy:
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top