GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you do a GOOD burnout? ive tried powerbraking but havent gotten it above 2000 rpm because im scared to tear something up and that barely chirps my tires...any tips?

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
well, your kinda doing it right, just need more power from your engine i guess. my tires start spinning at like 1600 or so, and i really dont need to hold the brakes. just give er hell. its not too good to powerbrake because you are holding the brakes on and it puts stress on everything and results in glazed or even cracked rear brake pads and other drivetrain parts. but it sure is fun......he he he

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
If you don't want to tear something up, don't do a burnout. No matter how you do it, its hard on your drivetrain.

but...

water or bleach under tires makes it alot easier...

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Have you had your Nelson tune lately? :grin:

Thats how I can burn my 35s.

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
put foot on brakes... romp on accel..... take foot off brakes... head snapping fun! :head: <- kinda like that

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Um yea, if you have had your Nelson Tuned Lately it makes it so much easier... But if you havent got your Nelson Tuned I would suggest it, makes a hell of a burnout...

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
This was without a Nelson tune, BTW. :LOL:

Once you get the tires spinning, feather the throttle and they will continue to spin. This pic was taken about halfway through the burnout. Towards the end, most of the truck was covered in smoke, and I had to get out of the area because the cloud was starting to attract attention.

Attachments

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Whifflebat said:
If you don't want to tear something up, don't do a burnout. No matter how you do it, its hard on your drivetrain.

but...

water or bleach under tires makes it alot easier...
:word:

It's also hard your tires too :burnout:

Only 12k miles and I need new rubber :bawl:

·
Registered
736 Posts
91_bowtie said:
This was without a Nelson tune, BTW. :LOL:

Once you get the tires spinning, feather the throttle and they will continue to spin. This pic was taken about halfway through the burnout. Towards the end, most of the truck was covered in smoke, and I had to get out of the area because the cloud was starting to attract attention.
Damn dude, that must have town the hell out of your drive line

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Black_Chrome said:
Damn dude, that must have town the hell out of your drive line
Probably not as much as you would think, the hardest part is getting them to break traction in the first place, because you're breaking static friction. Once they're spinning all you're overcoming is sliding friction, which isn't nearly as strong. Besides...

...thats a photoshop :LOL:

j/k

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Whifflebat said:
Probably not as much as you would think, the hardest part is getting them to break traction in the first place, because you're breaking static friction. Once they're spinning all you're overcoming is sliding friction, which isn't nearly as strong. Besides...

...thats a photoshop :LOL:

j/k
The only parts that were torn up were the tires. :driver:

Here's another photoshop. :LOL: I poured 1 cup of bleach on each tire, but as you can see, very little of it actually got under the tires. :crazy:

Attachments

·
I'm back!
794 Posts
what always works good for me is put it in Park then rev it up to 4500 RPMS then jam it into drive :anitoof:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Stu Meat said:
what always works good for me is put it in Park then rev it up to 4500 RPMS then jam it into drive :anitoof:
I did that in my volvo...except it was a stick...1st gear, 3000 rpm, pop the clutch...BAM. peg leg!!! :rocking: 98 hp and some dismal amount of torque at work there
:LOL:

·
I'm back!
794 Posts
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Ive never done it. I just hold the brake and give it a little gas and she spins perty easy :burnout:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts