GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I will post pics in this too but I am looking at a

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4X4 Z71 White with 9 inch lift and 35 A/T it's got 115k miles 5.3L and they are asking 10,900. I have looked the truck over and seen no side of off road use, or if any it's been minimal. No dings in oil pan, on tranny case, or Notches or marks in frame where it's been sunk. No rock chips in fenders or any mud in engine bay or under truck. I think it was just lifted for looks, Interior looks super clean, couple wear marks in drivers seat.

My question is, is the truck actually worth asking price?

I went on KBB and put in all options with off road tires and it booked at 11,500
on suggested retail value

Private Party was 9500. But I don't know what dealerships go for. I have 12 grand cash but would like to save some cash if I can talk them down off the price a little bit. Maybe knock em down to 10 plus dealer fees and tax tag and title transfer. Please help. This would be my first truck.

I have always been into cars but with one bad wreck I would rather feel safe in a truck.

Thanks again guys.
Darsy

Here's the pictures.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
If its a dealer, low ball there ass with cash in hand. They will most likely take it bc they paid half what they are asking..Please let us know how much you raped or got raped for though..either way.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
in all seriousness..never offer the asking price...especially to dealer. You got cash, they will take it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it's got the 5.3 Vortec [?] and I know it needs bigger tires but I'll wait till it needs tires to put 37's on it. I kinda like the wheels but I will also look into that when it needs tires. I know cash talks. I just wanted to see if it is really worth at least 10 out the door. Friend told me he wouldnt pay more than 7 for it. I was like well its SUPPPPPER CLEAN. and I know cars not trucks. Someone told me the trannys need some help at 120k so I was looking into that as well.

Nerf Bars those are the steps on the side right? [I amm clueless with trucks] but I am 5'2 and would prolly need the help getting it lol

If those aren't nerf bars then please explain. I feel so stupid about this whole ordeal. lol

·
super secreT
439 Posts
its a nice looking truck but im sure u can find better especially with the miles on it but if ur dead set on it talk them down ALOT, and yes the steps on the side are ugly but you bein 5'2 you may need to keep them

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I hear ya. I'm gonna go this weekend ten grand cash in hand and hopefully talk em down lower, and walk out with a nice lifted truck.

But we shall see. Anything else I should check for again or something new I didn't look at before?

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
offer 8500

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah, I will bring money but I don't really want to pay more than 10 for it out the door, but I don't know what dealer fees are, or what tax, tag, title transfer costs are gonna be I know they are going up as of sometime in July I believe.

Wish me luck, I'm going Saturday to wheel and deal.

If you have anymore advice please post.

thanks

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
I agree with Tony.

I lol @ the price tag, it's a 100k truck that's modified.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
remember no matter how clean it looks, its still 10 years old. Thats getting up there so expect to have to replace stuff sooner than later.

:shake: finally someone else with a brain on used, old shit.

·
FoTfive'dpokinoutdaside
2,295 Posts
Nice looking truck but it is still 10 years old run the vin number, price seems a little bit high.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
as stated before, I don't know a lot about trucks. So what maintenance is it going to need later on....

Like my friend Jen has a 1999 Chevy Silverado Z71 and she was telling me like once a month alignments, something in the front end due to the big wheels wears out. I have to ask her again, seeing as I deleted the texts, but Do any of you know what wears out in the front end due to the lift and large tires...

I will be there Saturday cash in hand, low ball them and negotiate to what I want.

wish me luck.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts