GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
1998 K1500 4x4 5.7
102 Posts
I would pressure test it and check the intake gasket every 350 I have had has had the intake gaskets go bad. It's not a tough fix but still a pain to do. Other than that the obs trucks are pretty bulletproof

·
Candy Corn Harvester...
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
why the flareside? you still goin to keep the 150?
for the time being i will have the f150 around, i have always loved the regular cab flaresides...always wanted one and hopefully i'll buy this one if it is as good as he claims..wanna repaint it gray or orange, upgrade the grille/headlights to the newer style, new rims and tires, for now...

·
professional grade
4,220 Posts
I had a 90 that was a fleetside and it was bahama blue, kinda close to marine blue. you should paint it that color, then put a fts lift and some 20x12z, that would be awesome......write that down!

·
Candy Corn Harvester...
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had a 90 that was a fleetside and it was bahama blue, kinda close to marine blue. you should paint it that color, then put a fts lift and some 20x12z, that would be awesome......write that down!
yea my step bro had his gmc that color....:hmm: too bad this truck has red interior:nono: the color of my old 2000 is the grey i'm thinking, i can get it shot for 800 bucks....

obs flaresides are pimp IMO

·
Candy Corn Harvester...
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh for sure...wonder if nbs seats will fit in that mofo easily....gray or charcoal would be perfect, maybe a newer dash swap too...this fucker is turning into a money pit and i didn't buy it yet, lol

·
Member # 625
968 Posts
I wouldn't pay more than $3500 for that truck. Good luck if you get it.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
I think even $3500 is on the high side. It's a 21 year old truck so it's going to have plenty of issues. Add that into the fact that it's probably been abused. The lift/tire setup is pretty cheap.

I would definitely pass. I too have been in the market for a rcsb truck as of lately.

·
Candy Corn Harvester...
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
trucks up here go for a premium...you should see the absolute ship they sell for 2 grand and get it.. he just did the lift, has all the receipts. the truck was owned by his gramps so he claims...and don't forget we got rust like a mofo up here thanks to old man winter

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
get a nbs..that does seem high of a price for that truck.

·
Candy Corn Harvester...
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i have always wanted one....it would be nice to have no truck payment too, considering i don't work lol..it would be nice to have a truck and beat on it again, those were the days..for 5500 bucks i could have a nice truck and be happy with it..i have had a truck payment since i was 16, getting real sick of it

just located a gray nbs 3/4ton....hmmm

1 - 20 of 54 Posts