GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I'm getting ready to order my Pioneer D3 nav unit and was wondering which adapters I need....I have an 04 2500HD with Bose, OnStar (don't really care about that since I don't pay for it) and steering wheel controls. What harnesses/adapters do I need to keep all of that and where is the best place to get it? Also, will I need a dash adapter? Thanks!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Your gonna need...
Metra 99-2003 (Dash Kit)
Metra 40GM10 (Antenna Adapter)
Metra GMOS-04 (Harness to retain bose, onstar)

I believe the new metra harness has a vss,reverse, and parking brake wire in them so install will be cake!

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your gonna need...
Metra 99-2003 (Dash Kit)
Metra 40GM10 (Antenna Adapter)
Metra GMOS-04 (Harness to retain bose, onstar)

I believe the new metra harness has a vss,reverse, and parking brake wire in them so install will be cake!
Awesome, thanks John....will that also keep my steering wheel controls? Or is that another harness? Also best place (price wise) online to get them??

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
I have the Scosche harness that youll need if your not worried about Onstar. I also have the dash kit, antenna adaptor, and should be able to quickly get the SWC piece.
and as far as I know they dont have the VSS, brake, or reverse in that harness. The newer LAN network ones can do that, but not ours

·
Local Drunk
1,054 Posts
The VSS is Green/white on the car side of the onstar harness though. and if you do the D3 bypass, you dont need the parking brake wire.

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The VSS is Green/white on the car side of the onstar harness though. and if you do the D3 bypass, you dont need the parking brake wire.
Ok, whats the VSS for? And how do I do the bypass? :D:D Thanks for everyone's help :D

·
9,823 Posts
Ok, whats the VSS for? And how do I do the bypass? :D:D Thanks for everyone's help :D
VSS is vehicle speed sensor, it tells the D3 how fast your going making it more accurate when your not inline with GPS satelites

the bypass is moving the mute wire up in the harness one pin and then grounding it and the parking brake wire.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Well I should have read through this thread before I posted mine...I was just asking how to bypass the e-brake on the D3...

Chris

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
I almost bought one of these. My friend has one in his TBSS and it makes a horrible hiss noise when the ipod is playing. I looked on AVIC411 and we found it to be a pretty common problem. Only fix seems to be turning off the ipod charging function. Kinda lame.

·
Local Drunk
1,054 Posts
I almost bought one of these. My friend has one in his TBSS and it makes a horrible hiss noise when the ipod is playing. I looked on AVIC411 and we found it to be a pretty common problem. Only fix seems to be turning off the ipod charging function. Kinda lame.
of the 4 people i know with them installed, none has a problem with the ipod adapter, and the charger is turned on

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts

·
9,823 Posts
or just turn the backlight on, not a problem when its in the glovebox

·
Registered
690 Posts
OK... other than moving the mute wire up 1 pin.. are there any other ways to do the bypass? i dont think i have the tools to move any wires...(in the bracket).. so i was wondering if there were any other ways?

Also.. which is the mute wire and how do i "ground" it?

EDIT:... Nevermind.. i found http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4670 that.. Only thing is.. how do i remove that wire? (IE.. what tool do i use to remove it / put it in the slot above?)

Thanks guys..

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
OK... other than moving the mute wire up 1 pin.. are there any other ways to do the bypass? i dont think i have the tools to move any wires...(in the bracket).. so i was wondering if there were any other ways?

Also.. which is the mute wire and how do i "ground" it?

EDIT:... Nevermind.. i found http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4670 that.. Only thing is.. how do i remove that wire? (IE.. what tool do i use to remove it / put it in the slot above?)

Thanks guys..
Use a small flat blade screw driver to pry the plastic tab back on the connector. Thats all I did.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Yeah.. i have a new problem..... the connector that has the mute wire and everything else.. (the A/V cable...).. yeah... i don't have that.. :(

·
Registered
690 Posts
If they did.. i never saw it... =-/ I have the damn thing installed already too.. :(

Everything plays just fine.. but i can't do a bypass b/c i have no A/V connector.. :(

·
9,823 Posts
I forgot to tell u in the PM
get me a good pic of that harness, if its like the old Pioneer ones, I might have it

·
Registered
690 Posts
ok.. i sent you a good pic.. (i think)... i know i was lucky enough to have a MFG. date of Feb 2007... so i should have gotten that damn harness... :(

1 - 20 of 27 Posts