GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where do i need to support the frame when cutting for the notch. the instructions say i need 6 jack stands. is that right?

any suggestions to make it easier.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I don't know, I didn't read the instructions :think:

I just used two stands, one in front of the leafs and one in back then went at it will a sawzall(sp?)

·
patio furniture breaker
563 Posts
i was told by some guys on the "other" site that if you leave the bed on, all you have to do is support the the frame infront of the leaf springs and at the rear of the frame. so i guess you'd only need four jackstands for the back.

·
Registered
353 Posts
thecodeman said:
Why would you leave the bed on? its much easier to work with it off :think:

Why would you want to pull the bed just to put in a C-Notch? With the tire off, leafs and rearend still in place it was just a easy.

·
Rollin with Saget
1,594 Posts
i put in my c-notch with the bed on. supportted the frame with jack stands in front of the axle and behind it. you definately dont want the frame to twist. i dont know why you would need 6, but i guess the extra stands couldnt hurt... just get in the way. either way, support the frame, mark out where you need to cut (make sure its on the outside of the notch, otherwise you'll be doin a lot more trimming to make it fit) and then go at it with a sawzall... take your time and cut it straight. youll do fine. its really not that hard, just intimidating (sp?) cause your cutting your frame.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i got half installed and now have aboutt 2 inches above my factory bump stop that is cut in half, i'm stoaked.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts