GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have A 5-6 drop on my truck and I soon plan to put bags on it, but until then I need to do something about my C notch I bottom out every were I go I have the notch that comes with the djm flip kit does anyone know of A different notch I can use that wouldn't require for me to cut the bed. :argh:

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
How long has the notch been on there? It may be on wrong, not lined up straight over your axle. I've seen it happen before.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Do you have bump stops in there? Really doesn't sound right....something is funky with it.

Cameron

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Is the notch correctly positioned above the axle? I have a DJM notch in my truck and have never bottomed out, the differential hits the bed before that even comes close. I am also running 8" of drop in the rear on this DJM notch.

Either your shocks are basically useless or it is positioned wrong, in which case i guess you'd have to go to a step notch to fix that and still keep the structural integrity of your frame

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the notch is lined up correctly and I have the shocks that came with the kit (toxic shocks). If the shocks were the problem what would be A good brand to go with

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
DAGOAT said:
the notch is lined up correctly and I have the shocks that came with the kit (toxic shocks). If the shocks were the problem what would be A good brand to go with
doetsch tech :read:

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
Beyond Static said:
My doetsch tech's suck ass. Go for some bilstein's. My 4" drop bilsteins rode better than the pos 7" drop doetsch tech's.
:insane: learn something new everyday.....

since your truck is an OBS, I think it might be a little diffferent considering the NBS drop kits utilize the factory springs all around

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Beyond Static said:
My doetsch tech's suck ass. Go for some bilstein's. My 4" drop bilsteins rode better than the pos 7" drop doetsch tech's.
That is one of the first negatives i've heard about doetsch techs. Hopefully you didn't get a bad set or anything. I've heard good stuff about bilsteins too so i guess it's all in personal preference. Personally I really like my Doetsch Tech shocks though :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts