GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Orale Homes....
2,033 Posts
I would. If you hit large bumps and holes, you are most likely to bottom out. You don't have to, but I would highly recommend it.
Honestly, if you're considering going that low, might as well go 4/6.:read:

· Registered
346 Posts
I have a 3/5 and I rode like shit until i nothched mine... I would seriously recommend it... of course I do live in MI with some shitty ass roads...

· My truck is SLOW!
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
01Sierra said:
I have a 3/5 and I rode like shit until i nothched mine... I would seriously recommend it... of course I do live in MI with some shitty ass roads...
Houston roads aren't that smooth either.

· Registered
23,279 Posts
I had mine at a 3/5 to start with and it wasn't notched either. Like groundscraper said you don't have to but I would. It will ride a lot better! I would consider going to a 4/6 also like he said.

· My truck is SLOW!
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking that I would need a notch with a 3/5 drop and that is why I asked. The only thing I am afraid of if I lower my truck more than a 2/4 that I will scrape all the time. The entrance to where I work is steep and so is the driveway to my house and I have seen steeper entrances. I have never had a lowered truck so I am not used to driving one. I was thinking about lowering my truck 3/4 but like how groundscraper and 03carbondogg stated, "why not just lower it 4/6?" Since it would be better to notch the frame with a 3/5 drop I might as well drop it 4/6 but I just don't know about notching the frame right now. Anothering thing is cost. How much more would it cost me to have a 4/6 drop installed over a 2/4 or something that doesn't need a notch? A 2/4 drop could be done myself with the help of some others while a 4/6 would be left to a more professional installer.

· Registered
23,279 Posts
leochevy2001 said:
I was thinking that I would need a notch with a 3/5 drop and that is why I asked. The only thing I am afraid of if I lower my truck more than a 2/4 that I will scrape all the time. The entrance to where I work is steep and so is the driveway to my house and I have seen steeper entrances. I have never had a lowered truck so I am not used to driving one. I was thinking about lowering my truck 3/4 but like how groundscraper and 03carbondogg stated, "why not just lower it 4/6?" Since it would be better to notch the frame with a 3/5 drop I might as well drop it 4/6 but I just don't know about notching the frame right now. Anothering thing is cost. How much more would it cost me to have a 4/6 drop installed over a 2/4 or something that doesn't need a notch? A 2/4 drop could be done myself with the help of some others while a 4/6 would be left to a more professional installer.
If you want to go 2/4 or 3/5 that's cool. My 3/5 hardly ever scrubbed anywhere. But where I live is different from where you do too. You can do the 3/5 and always notch later on to save some money. I didn't notch at first either. But you'll have to have those button bumps stops for the rear. You can drive a 3/5 pretty much like a 2/4. Almost. There are some others on here as well with a 3/5 setup too. I dropped my rear to a 6.5 a few months back when I notched. Also another thing to consider between the 2/4 or 4/6 is the cost of going to a 4/6 from a 2/4. Because you will have to have your stock hangers and shackles in the rear if you go with a flip kit for the rear. The prices between the two kits are about the same I think too. http://www.stylinconcepts.com/parts...&orderby=0&partfamilyid=775&subcategoryid=206

· My truck is SLOW!
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You are right that if I lower my truck 2/4 that I couldn't use those parts with a 4/6. I have asked djm if the parts were interchangable and they told me "No." So in the long run, it would actually cost more but that is if I change my mind on how low I want to go. Has anybody lost performance by going too low? I like the way an ECSB looks with a 4/6 drop but I don't want to hurt performance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.