GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
My truck is SLOW!
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would I need a c-notch if I lowered my truck 3/5?

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
I would. If you hit large bumps and holes, you are most likely to bottom out. You don't have to, but I would highly recommend it.
Honestly, if you're considering going that low, might as well go 4/6.:read:

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have a 3/5 and I rode like shit until i nothched mine... I would seriously recommend it... of course I do live in MI with some shitty ass roads...

·
My truck is SLOW!
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
01Sierra said:
I have a 3/5 and I rode like shit until i nothched mine... I would seriously recommend it... of course I do live in MI with some shitty ass roads...
Houston roads aren't that smooth either.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
I had mine at a 3/5 to start with and it wasn't notched either. Like groundscraper said you don't have to but I would. It will ride a lot better! I would consider going to a 4/6 also like he said.

·
My truck is SLOW!
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking that I would need a notch with a 3/5 drop and that is why I asked. The only thing I am afraid of if I lower my truck more than a 2/4 that I will scrape all the time. The entrance to where I work is steep and so is the driveway to my house and I have seen steeper entrances. I have never had a lowered truck so I am not used to driving one. I was thinking about lowering my truck 3/4 but like how groundscraper and 03carbondogg stated, "why not just lower it 4/6?" Since it would be better to notch the frame with a 3/5 drop I might as well drop it 4/6 but I just don't know about notching the frame right now. Anothering thing is cost. How much more would it cost me to have a 4/6 drop installed over a 2/4 or something that doesn't need a notch? A 2/4 drop could be done myself with the help of some others while a 4/6 would be left to a more professional installer.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
leochevy2001 said:
I was thinking that I would need a notch with a 3/5 drop and that is why I asked. The only thing I am afraid of if I lower my truck more than a 2/4 that I will scrape all the time. The entrance to where I work is steep and so is the driveway to my house and I have seen steeper entrances. I have never had a lowered truck so I am not used to driving one. I was thinking about lowering my truck 3/4 but like how groundscraper and 03carbondogg stated, "why not just lower it 4/6?" Since it would be better to notch the frame with a 3/5 drop I might as well drop it 4/6 but I just don't know about notching the frame right now. Anothering thing is cost. How much more would it cost me to have a 4/6 drop installed over a 2/4 or something that doesn't need a notch? A 2/4 drop could be done myself with the help of some others while a 4/6 would be left to a more professional installer.
If you want to go 2/4 or 3/5 that's cool. My 3/5 hardly ever scrubbed anywhere. But where I live is different from where you do too. You can do the 3/5 and always notch later on to save some money. I didn't notch at first either. But you'll have to have those button bumps stops for the rear. You can drive a 3/5 pretty much like a 2/4. Almost. There are some others on here as well with a 3/5 setup too. I dropped my rear to a 6.5 a few months back when I notched. Also another thing to consider between the 2/4 or 4/6 is the cost of going to a 4/6 from a 2/4. Because you will have to have your stock hangers and shackles in the rear if you go with a flip kit for the rear. The prices between the two kits are about the same I think too. http://www.stylinconcepts.com/parts.cfm?brand=&brandid=0&categoryid=30&color=&filterword=&iconview=0&orderby=0&partfamilyid=775&subcategoryid=206

·
My truck is SLOW!
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You are right that if I lower my truck 2/4 that I couldn't use those parts with a 4/6. I have asked djm if the parts were interchangable and they told me "No." So in the long run, it would actually cost more but that is if I change my mind on how low I want to go. Has anybody lost performance by going too low? I like the way an ECSB looks with a 4/6 drop but I don't want to hurt performance.

·
Registered
785 Posts
no one has lost performance from what I've read about the drops, the only thing you might have to buy is helper bag system for the back if you haul a lot of stuff

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Your handling will be greatly improved. Cause you lower the trucks center of gravity. So I'd say performance kinda goes up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts