GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Professional Detailer
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bit behind in posting as things have been busy, but this C7 was one of the first delivered in CA and came straight to me for correction and coating with the BEST coating on the market: CQuartz Finest for 2years of protection! It wasn't in bad shape but mishandling at the factory and other places necessitated correction of many defects. When a car is not handled properly, the fact that its a "new car" or has "hardly any miles" unfortunately doesn't count for much.

Right away began cateloging the defects.

correct2.jpg

correct3.jpg

correct4.jpg

"New cars" DO come with issues often....

correct5.jpg

correct.jpg

correct22.jpg

correct2-1.jpg

I didn't take any during correction pics as I was short on time, but here are the completed photos

Finest-ArnieC72.jpg

Finest-ArnieC73.jpg

Finest-ArnieC74.jpg

Nice touch Chevrolet

Finest-ArnieC75.jpg

Finest-ArnieC76.jpg

Finest-ArnieC78.jpg

Finest-ArnieC79.jpg

Finest-ArnieC710.jpg

Finest-ArnieC712.jpg

·
Professional Detailer
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finest-ArnieC740.jpg

Finest-ArnieC741.jpg

Finest-ArnieC742.jpg

Finest-ArnieC744.jpg

Finest-ArnieC748.jpg

Finest-ArnieC7.jpg

Finest-ArnieC752.jpg

Finest-ArnieC754.jpg

I brought out a friend to shoot some pictures. The following photos have been edited

_DSC0004.jpg

_DSC0014.jpg

_DSC0026-2.jpg

_DSC0042.jpg

_DSC0049.jpg

_DSC0116.jpg

_DSC0118-1.jpg

_MG_9667.jpg

_MG_9704.jpg

_MG_9791.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Wow! Love me a red vette

·
Registered
763 Posts
Looks awesome afterwards. But, WHAT IN THE HELL is up with the before? A.) how can delivery in that condition be acceptable? B.) why would buyer take possession of it in that condition? (unless compensated which he may have been)

How does CQuartz compare to beeds? :crazy:

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
There's no way in hell I'd accept my new C7 with that many scratches. Owner seems to be an idiot IMO

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Maybe the dealer gave it to OP for the detail first before the new owner took possession therefore the new owner oblivious to it's delivered state :shrug:
touche sir

·
Professional Detailer
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dealer didn't care one bit. Owner didn't see the defects till I put my lights on it.

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
The silver wheels looks cheap on that car.

Nice detail tho

·
A Proud Texan
4,156 Posts
did you notice how bad the C7 paint is generally? on a few black ones i did theres like brown on the edges near the roof and windows, fisheyes here and there, and lord the amount of runs i saw.

car looks great, finest is without a doubt the best coating i have used, opticoat is meh, UK and finest are awesome, and iv also used modest BC03-5 and with the ease of application of finest its my favorite

Great work!!

·
75 Posts
did you notice how bad the C7 paint is generally? on a few black ones i did theres like brown on the edges near the roof and windows, fisheyes here and there, and lord the amount of runs i saw.

car looks great, finest is without a doubt the best coating i have used, opticoat is meh, UK and finest are awesome, and iv also used modest BC03-5 and with the ease of application of finest its my favorite

Great work!!

The only paint I've seen worse on an American Car is the Camaro. The C7 paint is a dream to work with however. IMO both paint qualities are horse----.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts