GMC Truck Forum banner

Cab Filters

3182 29
If you 99-02 guys haven't changed these things, it'd probably be a good idea to do so. my truck just rolled over 115k miles, and I'm pretty sure they've never been changed. soooo today after work I pull down the shielding from the air ducts... hrm... a little dust but not too bad... then I take out the screw, holding the cap thats holding the cabin filters in... it literally falls down from all the mud and dirt on it... the filters were so stopped up my a/c would barely blow on 5. It nearly froze my ass out on the way home...
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Jason RIP
9,822 Posts
Shift said:
If you 99-02 guys haven't changed these things, it'd probably be a good idea to do so. my truck just rolled over 115k miles, and I'm pretty sure they've never been changed. soooo today after work I pull down the shielding from the air ducts... hrm... a little dust but not too bad... then I take out the screw, holding the cap thats holding the cabin filters in... it literally falls down from all the mud and dirt on it... the filters were so stopped up my a/c would barely blow on 5. It nearly froze my ass out on the way home...
Where did you get the new filter? Was a Hepa Filter an option?

· Registered
771 Posts
They are really easy to change. Just unscrew the 5 or so screw holding the cover on. Then find the (1)filter housing, pull out the (2)screw, and pull the filters out. The two filters are in there together, one behind the other.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.