GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
GPS Guru
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you 99-02 guys haven't changed these things, it'd probably be a good idea to do so. my truck just rolled over 115k miles, and I'm pretty sure they've never been changed. soooo today after work I pull down the shielding from the air ducts... hrm... a little dust but not too bad... then I take out the screw, holding the cap thats holding the cabin filters in... it literally falls down from all the mud and dirt on it... the filters were so stopped up my a/c would barely blow on 5. It nearly froze my ass out on the way home...

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Shift said:
If you 99-02 guys haven't changed these things, it'd probably be a good idea to do so. my truck just rolled over 115k miles, and I'm pretty sure they've never been changed. soooo today after work I pull down the shielding from the air ducts... hrm... a little dust but not too bad... then I take out the screw, holding the cap thats holding the cabin filters in... it literally falls down from all the mud and dirt on it... the filters were so stopped up my a/c would barely blow on 5. It nearly froze my ass out on the way home...
Where did you get the new filter? Was a Hepa Filter an option?

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
I change mine every 15,000 miles. I am probably going to order charcoal ones from gmpartsdirect.com then you don’t get smells from the outside, like diesel trucks or skunks.

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
ya... i drive with the windows down all the time... and Tucson dust doesnt mix to well... i changed mine at maybe 15k and it look like a damn vacuum exploded in it...

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
hmm anyone got a link to new ones? I havnt done mine, I bet its full of mud.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
I moved this to the maintanance area, thought it belonged here moreso than Geberal Discussion.

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
actually the filters are pretty expensive... i think they are at least 28 bucks or sumthin..... i did mine at an oil change place... they had them on stock there...

·
Registered
110 Posts
I got mine from Napa. I don't remember exactly how much they were but it was well under $50.

·
GPS Guru
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
AC Delco brand filter was 20 bucks for 2 new ones... fairly simple to change out and made a BIG difference in my A/C

·
Registered
711 Posts
They are really easy to change. Just unscrew the 5 or so screw holding the cover on. Then find the (1)filter housing, pull out the (2)screw, and pull the filters out. The two filters are in there together, one behind the other.

filter1.gif

filter2.gif

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
Whifflebat said:
Carquest has them, we just ordered a bunch here at philmont. I forgot the price though, but its not too bad.
Bunch of nice guys there at Carquest. hehe I work for them part time.

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
1buda said:
Bunch of nice guys there at Carquest. hehe I work for them part time.

Werd, my dads friend manages a carquest, he always hooks me up for cost, and gave me my orange paint for free! :shake:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts