GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i know some people here dont like putting cab lights on trucks but i wanna be different because in my area there are very few obs trucks with cab lights on them

my choices
regular chevy style led ones
dodge style led
or the nbs hd cab lights with the solid bar in the middle with the lights in it

all of them would either be smoked or amber and led most likely

what is everyones opinion of which ones to put on my obs

here is a pic my truck for those who dont know (miniu the brushguard)

IMG_5528.gif

if anyone has any pics of obs with cab lights or wanna photoshop some onto mine would be glad to see pics

·
GMC Owner
469 Posts
i had a 76 ford ecsb with the old school ford cab lights and i was gonna fix up the truck and put newer cab lights on... long story short, i picked out 94-01 ram cab lights, but i scrapped the truck and kept the engine. but the dodge lights do look the best.

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
I've got some of the OBS chevy type cab lights installed on my NBS Sierra... and just recently put some of the putco smoked covers on them. I like them. Although my rubber gaskets are getting a bit dry rotted after about 5 years of having them.
I don't like the NBS style with the bar in the middle.

·
Registered
564 Posts
i put some on my obs and my nbs, i think the old style ones look better on the older trucks, same with the newer ones... i'll see if i can dig up some pics

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
half ton and cab lights

the 5th please

hillbillies and internet...

my mouth is closed.

seriously though, what's your beef with it? Cab lights look good, lets you be more visible at night, and in my experience, can tend to keep the boys in blue off you a little bit, both at night and during the day. :ninja:

I'll post a photo later, it's a holiday and I'm lazy.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks ShredSled

i dont know why some people have such a problem with people putting cab lights on something or doing anything that they wouldnt do

im doing it because there are very few obs trucks with them and i want to stand out and be different than all the others

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,237 Posts
I dont like the new GM ones with hte bar in the middle.

How are they installed on a OBS without them? Drilling required for ever light or is there a kit?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im not to sure if you have to drill all the holes for each light or there is a whole kit to do it
i havent looked that far into it yet

im just trying to decide what ones and such first

1 - 9 of 9 Posts