GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
caddigauges2.jpg

caddigauges.jpg

i want to put maybe a bright white in there..instead of the light blue that it has...

what do yall think?

·
Registered
432 Posts
then get the white gauges?

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no..the bulbs are a light blue i'd guess i dont know...i want a whiter bulb.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
im running the blue 6led 194's in there and love em....ive got the exact cluster and mine lit up in a green color, not blue, and they were just plan old white halogens....

Dave

·
Team White!
446 Posts
im running the blue 6led 194's in there and love em....ive got the exact cluster and mine lit up in a green color, not blue, and they were just plan old white halogens....

Dave
I dont remember seeing a esky cluster in your truck? Good thing because I would have had to sneak out while you were eating Hooters wings! oh wait...i did do that and ended up painting a truck!:whip: btw, you ever get those panels off?

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
yeah man their off, i just wanted to get home and sleep man...i was tired since i stayed up late the night before gettin trashed, lol.

ive got a tan jack cover if you want it, all my shit have to be taken out to clear the new subs.

Dave

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Put White LED's in that rig
that's what i want....how hard is it to put them in?

"im running the blue 6led 194's in there and love em....ive got the exact cluster and mine lit up in a green color, not blue, and they were just plan old white halogens....

Dave" i'm sorry it is a light green...i hate it.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
its really easy man...take off the black surround on the backside of the cluster with a flatblade screwdriver (gotta pull the little tabs out so it'll slide off).

remove the 6 larger gray twistlocks, put the led's in your NEW twistlocks and twist them down where you took the stock ones out. put the black cover on and your good to put it back in the dash.

Unless you get the new "no polarity" led's, you'll find it best to put the led's at sunset or in a dark garage so you can see if the led's are lighting up.

Dave

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its really easy man...take off the black surround on the backside of the cluster with a flatblade screwdriver (gotta pull the little tabs out so it'll slide off).

remove the 6 larger gray twistlocks, put the led's in your NEW twistlocks and twist them down where you took the stock ones out. put the black cover on and your good to put it back in the dash.

Unless you get the new "no polarity" led's, you'll find it best to put the led's at sunset or in a dark garage so you can see if the led's are lighting up.

Dave
wow..."Unless you get the new "no polarity" led's" what the hell are those?
all i know is the LEDs i have in my tail lights,and my side markers...

is there a way to tell if they aren't those?

·
Team White!
446 Posts
yeah man their off, i just wanted to get home and sleep man...i was tired since i stayed up late the night before gettin trashed, lol.

ive got a tan jack cover if you want it, all my shit have to be taken out to clear the new subs.

Dave
Cool, i have to drive to peoria april 13 or 14th (not sure what day yet) for my sisters wedding, maybe meet up at 24 &47 and swap panels? I'll take your carpet if you have that out by then too.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
i doubt carpet will be out by then man, im orderin my longtubes next week so i think carpet is gonna be a little bit still.

No polarity LED's are where you dont have to put them in a certain way for them to light up, traditionally LED's would only work if polarity was correct so if you had the neg. side of the twistlock on the positive connector of the led it wouldnt light up. With the no polarity LED's you just put em in and they'll light up no matter how you put them in.

Dave

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i doubt carpet will be out by then man, im orderin my longtubes next week so i think carpet is gonna be a little bit still.

No polarity LED's are where you dont have to put them in a certain way for them to light up, traditionally LED's would only work if polarity was correct so if you had the neg. side of the twistlock on the positive connector of the led it wouldnt light up. With the no polarity LED's you just put em in and they'll light up no matter how you put them in.

Dave
ah ha...i understand now.

is there a way to plug in some brighter lights for the a/c controls? without doing the a/c control panel like the sticky states...

i dont have access to any of that stuff...not yet anyways.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
thats the only way to do the a/c controls, its not like a camaro where you can just replace the bulbs in the sockets. GM had to make it gay and a pain in the ass for modification at all.

Dave

1 - 16 of 16 Posts