GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well if anyone has any post em up please so i can see what it looks like....also i was just checking on gmpartsdirect.com and tere was a note saying that you neeed to have your milleage callibrated by a dealer./.....can you do it yourself or does it have to be done by a dealer.....

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
You can't program it yourself. You need to have a dealer do it or I've heard some speedo shops can do it too. You don't HAVE to have this done as they should come with a mileage sticker for your door jam to register your existing mileage before the new cluster goes it.

Cameron

·
Registered
59 Posts
try and find out from your dealer where he sends them out to.cause that what i did to my.when i found out ,i just went there myself.the guys there not only calibrated it for me but also installed and overlay and didnt charge me for all they done.they just took my old stock one and called it even.hey they even gave me a certification letter stating that this has been calibrated to the exact milage and that they are a certified GM repair shop :cheers: .

P.S these guys even sell caddy clusters :naughty:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
most dealers are total idiots. I went to the dealership and asked them how i'd go about getting my reprogramed, and they told me i'd burn out my PCM and thats why the mileage didn't transfer.

I'd do what johnnyvette said, ask a dealership for their speedo shop and go there instead of sending it in. I sent mine in, and my clusters didn't come back for like 3 days.

·
Registered
108 Posts
you can install them in less than 20 minutes. you don't need the get your odometer calibrated for speed just the mileage. i changed mine when the truck was brand new with 1000 miles, so i never even went to the dealer, but it has worked fine for the last 8000 miles. I was speeding and saw a cop, looked down at the gauge is was close to 90 and the cop said I was going 87, that works for me, shitty ticket though $160. here is a crappy pic, I will try to post another better one tomorrow.

·
Registered
214 Posts
If you live in Indy, Dayton, or Nashville, you can go to DSS (Dayton Speedometer Service) now called Direct Sales and Service... same people.

Anyway, they can reprogram the Clusters for the correct mileage etc.

They charge $75 here, but they are an official GM Service center too, so it's all legal and stuff.

The websight is http://www.dssworldwide.com/
you can get your local number there.

Hope this helps someone :head:

·
Registered
397 Posts
02Silverado said:
I was told when i got mine that dealerships are not allowed to change the odometers. I got my mileage transfer in San Jose. Took them about 30minutes.
How much did you pay for your cluster and where?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i just checked on GMPartsdirect.com.....and you can get it for 260....the part number is 15073350

·
Registered
639 Posts
seen this one on ebay.....

d6_1.jpg

$299 the funny part is on ebay the dude calls it a Cadillac White Escalade Cluster...but looking through GM part numbers and there isnt one. But there is a White gauge cluster for a H2 that is just like this part. From what I was told this will fit in my sierra....anyone else heard this?

·
Registered
15 Posts
02Silverado said:
I was told when i got mine that dealerships are not allowed to change the odometers. I got my mileage transfer in San Jose. Took them about 30minutes.
I didn't have a problem when I took the denali cluster in and had it programed with the miles from my old cluster. They can't say your not allowed, what happens when your OEM cluster goes bad. they have to replace the cluster and reprogram it. They probably just didn't have any way to get it transfered over. The place I took mine to shipped to a speedometer repair shop and they did the work.

·
Registered
397 Posts
atomoverride said:
seen this one on ebay.....

d6_1.jpg

$299 the funny part is on ebay the dude calls it a Cadillac White Escalade Cluster...but looking through GM part numbers and there isnt one. But there is a White gauge cluster for a H2 that is just like this part. From what I was told this will fit in my sierra....anyone else heard this?
Its an escy cluster with whiteface overlay

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
atomoveride... if ur truck is a 03+, that cluster will work. If not, it won't. Either way it will fit:read: Working, thats a whole different story

·
Scaladin!
1,752 Posts
2ksilverado said:
I didn't have a problem when I took the denali cluster in and had it programed with the miles from my old cluster. They can't say your not allowed, what happens when your OEM cluster goes bad. they have to replace the cluster and reprogram it. They probably just didn't have any way to get it transfered over. The place I took mine to shipped to a speedometer repair shop and they did the work.
The dealerships here have to send them to a different company.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts