GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I paint my truck here in the next month or so, I am probably goin to do the Caddy Taillight coversion. . . I think it is rather new (the kit that is) b/c I found out about it not to long ago. I know that the front end conversion has been out for quite some time now, but I was wondering if anyone had any pictures of them on a finished truck. Oh by the way its for a 93'. The kit I found was for 88-98 so yeah, i dont know if they have one for the 99+, Im assuming they probably do. Let me know if you have a link to pictures and your imput is also welcome. :bowtie:

·
Registered
299 Posts
im fixing to do that also. got the lights just need the kit. Go to SirMichaels.com and theres the kit with pics of different lights on different trucks. Theres the 88-93 or somthin like that, that are parrallel and the 94-98(i think) have a curve at the top that if it curves right its the left tail, vice versa. I got the lights from a local pic-a-part and were really cheap.....10$ a pair and all i had to do was polish the chrome and wipe down the lenses. Compared to the 400 a set you find em on sirmikes. And all i have to buy are the buckets and light fillers so a total of about 150$(im doing labor) It will be more expensive if you get a shop to do it.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Caddy Tail Lights are pretty common, but still one of the nicest mods, with LEDs right up there. Heres a few pictures of them on an OBS truck.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, I didnt really notice how far they acctually are sunk into the bucket. I am really looking into doing it, but I have to see who has the best price on the buckets and relay's and such. I will definitly get some pictures when I get everything and get all of it on. If anyone eles can find some pictures let me know, thanks guys

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
xtreme93fullsize said:
Wow, I didnt really notice how far they acctually are sunk into the bucket. I am really looking into doing it, but I have to see who has the best price on the buckets and relay's and such. I will definitly get some pictures when I get everything and get all of it on. If anyone eles can find some pictures let me know, thanks guys
I'm sure you could have them shallower, but putting them in deep (frenching) looks badass :worship:

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
my friend just got his s10 from the shop and he got bags and all this shit and he got caddy tails...they look like those except at they're bigger at the bottom and they dont sink in as much..it looks slick

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
spitfire2332 said:
my friend just got his s10 from the shop and he got bags and all this shit and he got caddy tails...they look like those except at they're bigger at the bottom and they dont sink in as much..it looks slick
There are 2 styles of caddy tail lights used

89-93
58_1.jpg

94-96
4d_1_b.jpg

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
he used the 94-96...im glad he did, because everything else hes done ive seen, and when i heard caddy tail lights i thought "wow an s10 with bags and caddy tails, who woulda thought" but the caddy tails were diff then i had seen and they arent sunk in the back of the truck like 2 inches...only enough so they fit to the truck

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
the only way they should be done... having them frenched in. Any other way just looks cheap and a waste of perfectly good lights. They need to be sunk in a good 2-3 inches.

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
Andy said:
2tonechevy has a tech. article on how to install them on FSC
If you want them upside down for the "fang" look:gay: :LOL: Those tails look good on the orange truck, but I dont know about the suspension work, that shop is known to do some crappy work :imo

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
i think LEDs in teh rollpan looks a lot better than the lights, but if theyre done good and right, the caddy lights do look badass.

Fangs=:pow: :suicide:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Could Caddy lights fit on a tahoe? o_O

·
Registered
432 Posts
gives me good ideas now ;]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts