GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was going to lunch today and I saw this sitting in the parking lot so I decided to grab a shot of it:

How long have these things been out? I've only seen like two on the street...which isn't too surprising considering the fact that they are $75k and the CTS-V ($50k) and the new Corvette (which shares the same platform) can outperform it. :nono: GM...tsk tsk...

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
HumanZoom said:
How long have these things been out? I've only seen like two on the street...which isn't too surprising considering the fact that they are $75k and the CTS-V ($50k) and the new Corvette (which shares the same platform) can outperform it. :nono: GM...tsk tsk...
been out for awhile... I see one pretty much every other day around here. The CTS-V costs as much as a Z06. Its supposed to be a M5 fighter. I personally can't wait until the new Z06 comes out. If they update the CTS-V, i might just have to sell my body for science, b/c that is gonna be badass:rocking:

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BaggedC10 said:
The XLR and 2005 Corvette are two very different vehicles. They both share the same platform and that's about it. :read:
True...that is why I don't understand why some people will pay $75k for an XRL when you can get a faster car for less $$...I guess it's not always about the HP :anitoof:

For me it's:

Faster = Better

:evillol:

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Ya I would much rather have a corvette than a XLR but I think some people are more about the status symbol than anything else all they care about is what other people will think of them when they see them driving around in a 75k caddy. Personally not that it matters what other people think but if I saw someone drivin a new Z06 I would probly think "damn I wish I could get my hands on one of those", and if I see someone drivin a XLR I would probly think "damn that poor bastard doesn't even know he should have bought a corvette".

·
WorkinSmarterNotHarder
450 Posts
IMO, it's better in the same way that people think escalades are better than tahoes. It's just straight out bad ass. I like how they look but it is a lot of money. Has anyone seen the new two door beamers? Those are nice too.

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
I just remembered I have kind of a funny story about one of these cars. I was at my local Chevy/caddy dealer when I was getting my truck and they had one of these on the showroom floor. I was looking the car over real well since I was waiting for my truck, which was in prep. This older gentlemen walks up to the car, and he looked like he could afford it. He was also looking it over real well and looks at me and says "ya know for 75 grand this fuckin thing better come with at least one blonde, brunette, or redhead”. I couldn’t help but laugh cuz that was the last thing I expected him to say.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Silverado7862003 said:
"ya know for 75 grand this fuckin thing better come with at least one blonde, brunette, or redhead”.
Ain't that the truth.

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
El Padrote said:
IMO, it better in the same way that people think escalades are better than tahoes. It's just straight out bad ass. I like how they look but it is a lot of money. Has anyone seen the new two door beamers? Those are nice too.
:word:

Escalades are bad ass, but when it comes down to it...it's just a Tahoe. However, has anyone looked at the sticker of a loaded LT Tahoe? They practically cost as much as an Escalade!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts