·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats your fav cai? Like the volant. any thoughts?? thanks

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
just buy a bag of sand and pour it into your intake so you can port and polish your heads.

·
TROLL REVOLT of 2012
2,474 Posts
buy an ebay intake, then buy a universal filter from K&N.

·
Your HID Preferred Vendor
2,595 Posts
and it cost an arm and a leg.
MEH, I get it 10% over cost, so sometimes I forget what things cost over the counter. I couldnt afford to get my car fixed if I wasnt a dealership mechanic. I hate working on my own car so much, I bought a new truck.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Keep in mind that k&n cai's and some others are left exposed on top where it can suck in all the hot air from the motor. Others like volant are sealed on top and are
built to suck air from outside the engine bay. The
cooler the air the more power I suppose.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Keep in mind that k&n cai's and some others are left exposed on top where it can suck in all the hot air from the motor. Others like volant are sealed on top and are
built to suck air from outside the engine bay. The
cooler the air the more power I suppose.
That is true, but as you are going down the road the air entering is always going to be a different temp, usually cooler. Open filters would be ok in that situation. In stop and go traffic I would go with a volant.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Just an FYI for those looking to purchase a Volant for their 2009 5.3. I purchased one off of e-bay that fit an 08, however they changed the MAF setup in the 2009's so it wont work without some serious modification.

Volant now has one for the 2009 so make sure you order the right one!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts