GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving my truck the whole time so I wasn't able to get pics of me going up but alot of other people did and hopefully when they get home today they will start uploading pics and video, heres what I got:

My truck at the top of the hardest trail out there, notice the canyon I came out of:

Other direction:

Bottom of trail looking up:

Middle of trail looking up at truck:

Truck that broke on the 1st ledge you have to climb, broke both locking hubs:

This is on the 2nd trail, it was a long 4 or so hour trail with alot of fun spots, the red truck in front of me was the only other truck besides me to make it up the 1st trail out of 12 or so trucks:

End of the day airing back up to drive 2.5 hours home:

Overall it was a great day of trail riding. My truck did very well and I was very pleased, suspension worked perfect. Got a dent on my cage on the pass. side and a ton of scratches on the cage since I relied on it in several places to bounce around the rocks, frame got pollished underneath from a few bangs. Only real damage was a coil slider on the drivers side cracked in about 5 places, I duct taped it up to hold it together. Guess I'll need to make my own aluminum ones or something... Oh, and if you want a good place to explore old mines that go for miles under ground I highly recommend this place, I'm going back to do just that pretty soon. I went into one and walked maybe a mile before turning around since everyone was leaving me behind on the trail...

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
That looks so fun!

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a great time! It was so much fun to just point and shoot the truck at any trail I wanted and do anything I wanted. First big run ever where I haven't had any real breakage I think... :head:

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Only new pic uploaded by someone as of right now:

I got out because someone said I was leaking but I never saw anything :insane:

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They all asked tons of questions and hovered around it for a while. It was funny watching all the guys in there h2's, zj's, and jeep rubicons come over and look at it while they were driving away from the ghost town tour thing. The one dude with a jeep rubicon bone stock was talking so much crap but for some reason he wouldn't follow me onto the trail :read:

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
damn jason, thats one badass rig you got there :head:

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Seeing those pics makes me wanna get into a new hobby. :head:

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
willyswanter said:
They all asked tons of questions and hovered around it for a while. It was funny watching all the guys in there h2's, zj's, and jeep rubicons come over and look at it while they were driving away from the ghost town tour thing. The one dude with a jeep rubicon bone stock was talking so much crap but for some reason he wouldn't follow me onto the trail :read:

LOL its safe to assume ppl will always be jealous of taht truck, because of all the work into it :read:

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Very nice Jason

On a side note, be VERY carefull exploring old mines. Ive done lots of that and it can be very dangerous if you loose your way or something. It can be a ton of fun as well though and you can find lots of really cool things. Just use yoru best judgement and dont go somewhere where you dont feel comfortable.

Thursday at the hammers you need to get some hi-res pics of your truck for the GMFS screen saver! :bowtie:

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah there will be 1000+ people at the Yota Jambo there so I'm sure someone will. Plus Fred Williams of Petersons will be taking pics of it. Also going to get some video. The guy that got video of last weekend says he will post it up tonight...

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm still waiting on people to upload pics... They keep saying tonight so we'll see... There were about 15 people taking pics and 2 have put pics up so far so I'm waiting...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts