GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what kits do you recommend? Is the duplicolor kit from autozone good enough? I'm lookin to do my front brakes, any suggestions or recommendations for the process? How do you recommend gettin them smooth if they are a lil rusty? thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
IMG_03771.jpg

Used the duplicolor on my bro's truck. Its been on for a grand total of a week now so I don't really know how its gonna holds up. As far as getting the rust off, break cleaner and a wire brush work good.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
My moms stang and my truck have the duplicolor kit on them and it holds up well. Like said above, take a wire brush to it to remove most of the rust. No need to try and smooth it, after a few coats it starts to build and look good.

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
duplicolor kit FTW... just get a differnt brush. The one it comes with falls apart and you'll end up picking bristles out of the paint.

DSC_2641.jpg

·
Registered
248 Posts
I just went with a high temp sparay paint. I didn't want to mes with any brushes ad they turned out great get a can of the color you want and a can of clear coat here is the front calipers
IMG_2057.jpg

Back drums
IMG_2058.jpg

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just picked up the duplicolor kit and some foam brushes ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
The Dupli-Color kit works great! I haven't done mine yet but I've done a few buddy's vehicles and it's always held up good. :word: on the brush comment...

The high-temp paint works pretty good too though....I did my brake drums with that stuff and my spindles when I slammed the truck. It's held up great on both. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts