GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
LOL @ UR SWAG
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after getting a bunch of motor work done my guy pointed out how my front drive shaft yoke was rubbing on the tranny housing where it slides together so he recommended drilling a new set of holes and moving my carrier bearing back so I did, now the robber in my carrier bearing just spun out so I need a new bearing....the bearing has a bout 1.25" spacers between the bearing and crossmember to drop it down...what are all you guys doing for spacers between the bearing and cross member? Are you moving it forward or back?

·
OG GMFS Member
2,963 Posts
Whenever I've done a lift on a 2 piece driveshaft, I've always put a small spacer straight down from the carrier bearing. Maybe just put a 1 piece driveshaft in its place?

·
Registered
487 Posts
My home made spacer. Dropped carrier straight down from original location. So far so good. But it hasnt been very long yet.
20140825_193951_zpsmeb3fd8q.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was just going to post a question regarding two piece drive shafts with 6"suspension lifts when I came across this thread.
My truck is a 1994 k3500 4x4 dually crew cab. I'm about to purchase Model: 16823 by Tuff Country, (http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2361), which is a six inch suspension kit.

Erki your idea looks good, what size lift did you do? Nice boot by the way. Outlawz, what size lifts did you run and what year truck? In tuff country's product description it states " Will not fit K2500/K3500 models with 2-piece rear drive shaft". I phoned the company and spoke with someone who couldn't say for sure whether this lift would work for my truck or not. I know both the front and rear parts will fit my truck it's just the two piece in question for me. Any info is greatly appreciated, I'm on stand by to make my order.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I have a rough country 6". The lift even worked without the spacer. I just added it to get the driveshaft a bit straighter and maybe prolong wear parts.

·
LOL @ UR SWAG
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump

1 - 7 of 7 Posts