GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried searching but didnt come up with anything. Do you use caltracs in conjunction with a 4-link or is it a one or the other kinda thing? I dont fully understand the difference between caltracs, lakewood slappers, ladder bars etc, any info would help alot TIA.

·
LAID OUT TIRE FRYER
1,992 Posts
i dont know what lakewood slappers are, but the cal-tracs are for leaf spring setups. ladder bars are a racing type 4-link i think. what do you have now and what are you looking to do?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2002 gmc sierra 4x4. Going to be putting a 2/4 drop and was wondering what setup to run as in caltracs or 4 link, I know a 4 link wont work unless i get a fuel cell so thats why I asked.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Caltracs would be the easiest and cheapest.

If you do a 4 link, you don't need to get drop parts for the rear as they will be useless. If I remember correctly, I think I have read about a few people using a KP 4 link for bags and putting coilover shocks in place of the bags. I know its not quite that simple, but thats just the basics.

A 4 link can be done without using a fuel cell, it would just have to mount on the outside of the frame, not the inside. Although a fuel cell would be ideal.

·
[b]Not Prostreet[/b]
2,541 Posts
where can you get Caltracs? Hows it ride with them on there?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So caltracs are basically a cheaper easier way to a acheive what a 4-link does? But obviously doesnt do it as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts