GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which will give me the least axle wrap and most articulation and combination of both? thanks

·
Senior Military Member
5,197 Posts
Articulation? Neither.

You want something like this with a shackle or slip joint to allow the axle to articulate. This one isn't very pretty obviously but they can be made nicer of course.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, what about just preventing axle wrap then, which is better?

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
interesting...

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
The design i was talking about. That design will put power to the ground and not cost a fortune. I would make them myself to save coin. Buy some flex joints, tube, bungs, and have fun.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i dont have the skills or tools to do that. i would ahve to buy from that sams place

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im looking at putting down some pretty decent power, cause im thinking about going more aggressive on my cam, switching heads, and my long tubes are already on the way so id like to get all that power to the ground, thats my main goal

·
Senior Military Member
5,197 Posts
What are you building your motor for? Where in the RPM range will it make the power? Is articulation even going to be a concern?

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
I just found you want the vertical separation on the upper and lower link to be at least 25% of the tire diameter!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What are you building your motor for? Where in the RPM range will it make the power? Is articulation even going to be a concern?
not sure on specifics yet, but likely idle to slightly over 5krpm. articulation is def less of a concern than preventing axle wrap at this point.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just found you want the vertical separation on the upper and lower link to be at least 25% of the tire diameter!
wow, so i need a minimum of 9" in there. yikes!

·
Senior Military Member
5,197 Posts
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he's NOT crawling it. haha...

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
neither sand or crawling, just mud holes and winter driving

·
Swamper Brotherhood
3,900 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts