GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
OG
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lol, sup guys? on my way here to use the computer i get pulled over for running a stop sign... what's this world coming to these days... :anitoof:

alright, i'm looking to do some mods to the valvetrain in my 6.0. Right now i'm looking to port and polish the heads, new cam, solid lifters, rods and rockers.

I want a cam that is mostly for low to mid range, i want it to just scream on low end. What duration and lift would remedy this most efficently. Also, what manufacturer makes solid lifters for my application?

I'm doing this in the HP engines class here at Wyotech. We have not got into cams all that much yet, that's why i'm looking to you guys. Right now we are doing Chassis Fabrication, this class rules :head:

Thanks a lot guys!
Justin Mafackin Jones

·
heavy on the skinny pedal
1,732 Posts
I would suggest going with a hidralik lifter cam in less you don't mind adjusting your valve lash all the time. But if you want to go solid go to thunder raciing they deal alot with the ls1 power plant and ls1 based power plants. for heads you may want to look at a set of Stage 2 or 3 ls6 heads or the 5.3l heads. for lift you probly want in the low 5s and mid 2s for duration. I'd also suggest going to ls1tech.com and ls1.com and read up in the internal engine section of those sights you can learn alot from them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts