GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a DD 1998 C1500 with a 5.7 vortec. im going to put 4.10 gears in it soon. im lookin to get a cam but i dont know what would be the best. i would like to have an aggresive idle and good power throughout the rpm range. thanks

joey

·
GMFS Member
1,034 Posts
And people wonder why this shit gets old. Use the search button, but i can see you, like many others, are too lazy for this so i took some time just for you to post some links to read up on posted on an identical thread to this one.

Me:
http://ls1lt1.com/forum/faq.php?faq=generaltech#faq_camsfordummies

Hitman:
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3343412&postcount=5

FarmTruk:

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43041

Read up on these, then re-read them and come back and ask a question like which of the 2 or 3 would mostly fit my needs in my DD...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, jschrock. i did post in the cam thread first to ask because i seen where people had asked in there, but noone replyed so i just post the question down here even though i know people would probably get mad because where was already a cam thread.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have a DD 1998 C1500 with a 5.7 vortec. im going to put 4.10 gears in it soon. im lookin to get a cam but i dont know what would be the best. i would like to have an aggresive idle and good power throughout the rpm range. which of these would best fit my needs?... thanks.

GM Performance LT4 Hot Cam Hydraulic Roller Cam Duration at .050 in. 218/228, Lift .525/.525 112LSA

COMP Cams Xtreme Energy Retro-Fit Camshafts Duration 276/282, Lift .502/.510 110LS

Lunati Hydraulic Roller Tappet Camshafts Duration 276/284, Lift .492/.492 112LSA
Duration 270/278, Lift .515/.530 112LSA

Joey

·
GMFS Member
1,034 Posts
Are you serious? :think: hmm, you should re-read.....

First off do you even have a TC in mind? If so....what is it?

Second the first cam is WAY off from the other 2 you posted which tells me you didnt do your research...

Third are you planning on keeping the same heads?

But if you just want an answer go with the LT4 cam..

·
Farmer/Warranty Killer!
203 Posts
well it all depends on where you want the power in the rpm range, weight of the truck, if you are going to tow anything, you will need a higher stall converter (stall speed will depend on the size of the cam and "K" factor) and of course you will need a custom tune preferably (Black Bear) and headers etc... what do you have done to the truck now? and you need to skim back through the cam thread to see what people with similar vehicles like your are running. with a 112 lsa you will have a pretty noticeable idle. mine is a 226/228 @112 and it will count them off but i have alot more motor than you. if you still have questions which in the cam thread there is about every cam known to man being run just call comp. research man research!!:lazer:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts