GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I am unable to comply
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used one of those or similar?
http://www.northstarcampers.com/
Do you guys think my truck can handle it with all the mods I have?
I mean I got the 4.10 gears, Auburn Pro LSD, HTPP III with the 4.8L engine.
Should I get Airbags then to support it better?
The one I want weighs in at 1700lb empty. My guess when its loaded it will be around 2500lb.
Here is the one Im looking at:
http://www.northstarcampers.com/adventurertruck.asp

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I see them running up and down the interstate all the time. I imagine you can do it. Horrible gas milage I bet. Prolly feels like your towing a air damn.
Definantly get some bags.
I imagine just for highway driving you would have any problems. But any big hits or bumpy roads will probably crack your bed. They are super thin.

Looks like a nice setup.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
yup ill bet your bed will be toast with one of those! really sad that our bedsides are so weak :(

·
Keepin' it real...
2,284 Posts
You'd be better off buying a small travel trailer. Travel trailers are more spacious, and not much more $$$. :bowtie:

EDIT: I'd check out www.fleetwoodrv.com . Fleetwood makes great family of products, IMO. My family had a Wilderness travel trailer, and we loved it. Wilderness are very reasonably priced, also. :D

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
word, we had a 28' wilderness trailer and we loved it. it was a lot of fun. i loved towing it too, big trailers rule, but the new 40' alfa motorhome bus is even more fun to drive :head:

we also had a Terry "lite" before. and imo dont buy anything "lite" get the regulars weight trailers. everything on our lite was crappier than the wilderness

·
I am unable to comply
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, I'll consider a trailer. Also I could leave it and roam around without any added weight. I think the difference between the regular and lite weight trailers is the frame structure. Lite is usually a alloy frame where the regular are made from wood.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
yeah its mostly the frame. but things like appliances, sinks, the shower, and cabinets were all thinner and lower quality too. just something to think about.

maybe they have improved them by now. we had our 22" lite from 96-99, then we got our 28 footer

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
holy crap thats the exact model we had with the exception of the bunkbeds. we had a wider bathroom with a big closet instead. wow

:crazy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts