GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
KWB
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at Comp cams, but dont know which ones would give me the best gas mileage and still make the truck sound aggressive. Can anyone help me decide?:pedobear:

·
Registered
7,576 Posts
something w/ a low LSA will give you the aggresive sound. More details on your truck would be needed to recomend a cam.

With my truck i get 12 in the city and 14-16 on the freeway. I have the ls1 hot cam

·
Hella
918 Posts
I think one cam would suit you better, its hard to fit two cams into a space designed for one.

But yes, a cam with a lower LSA will have more "lope" or "chop" to it but isnt necessarily better... It all depends on your truck,engine,purpose.....

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
I think one cam would suit you better, its hard to fit two cams into a space designed for one.

But yes, a cam with a lower LSA will have more "lope" or "chop" to it but isnt necessarily better... It all depends on your truck,engine,purpose.....
i put 3 cams in my old truck. :shrug:

·
KWB
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I mean you all know what I am after right? That bla bla ...bla bla. haha the dragster idol sound.

Hey im just wondering.. can you guys see my Signature? with my truck?

·
GMFS Senior Member
4,032 Posts
Dragster idol? :wtf:

So you want something that lopes? All you are after is sound? Are you ready to make some sacrafices on driveability and mpg? What kind of truck is it going in, how is it driven, and what are your realistic goals???

·
pro grade member
2,264 Posts
u still have given no info on ur truck and mods

·
Registered
330 Posts
What engine? Year of the truck?

·
Registered
532 Posts
I got a Custom Grind cam for mine!! It lopes a lot more than the truck above! But its not a very streetable cam! If I drive through town and get stopped at a stop light the temp starts to go up and it idles higher! If I run it pretty hard it runs Great!! But I only Get about 12 MPG on 91 octane!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
If all you want is the lope, tweak the timing at idle. It's a hell of a lot cheaper than a cam swap, and it won't affect your mileage at all.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
If all you want is the lope, tweak the timing at idle. It's a hell of a lot cheaper than a cam swap, and it won't affect your mileage at all.

Don't try to bring sense into this now, whatever you do!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts