GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone on here done one? if so what did you use. ive seen the LS1 cams on ebay for almost free. upsides? downsides? im not very educated in the performance tricks.....

D

·
0 Posts
I know FarmTruc put a LS1 cam in his father-in-law's truck and picked up some nice gains. You may want to ask him.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Here is some cams on ebay that matches the #'s that farmtruc has on his site.

Camshaft

2001 LS1 Y-car 12561721 0.479 0.467 207 196 116 117/115

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Todd said:
Here is some cams on ebay that matches the #'s that farmtruc has on his site.

Camshaft

2001 LS1 Y-car 12561721 0.479 0.467 207 196 116 117/115
that is the cam i am picking up tomorrow... should be a good swap :weld:

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Let us know how this turns out I am curious about those, cheap easy upgrade.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Ok not easy upgrade :doh2:
I get worried when I start to do stuff like that to my motor.
I might have to skip that mod unless you get good at it and wanna do mine. :naughty:
Hey I might have a bodylift in the future I'll let you install that. :anitoof:

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Todd said:
Ok not easy upgrade :doh2:
I get worried when I start to do stuff like that to my motor.
I might have to skip that mod unless you get good at it and wanna do mine. :naughty:
Hey I might have a bodylift in the future I'll let you install that. :anitoof:
cams suck LOL id do mine but not anyone elses. lemme know about that ody lift :naughty:

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
lowred said:
cams suck LOL id do mine but not anyone elses. lemme know about that ody lift :naughty:
Josh is Allen going to help you with the install when you do your tuning? You need to put your headers on too:read:

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
00Silverado said:
Josh is Allen going to help you with the install when you do your tuning? You need to put your headers on too:read:
i met allen today. he seems cool as hell. im gonna get tuned tomorrow. ill prolly do the cam install, but its gonna take some time to do.. lots of little steps. who knows when the headers will go on :bawl:

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
Who wants to take a bet as to when Josh installs the headers and Electric cut-out????

J/K You truck is gonna really move once you put on all the parts you have in your garage. See ya when I get into town tomorrow Josh.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
lowred said:
i met allen today. he seems cool as hell. im gonna get tuned tomorrow. ill prolly do the cam install, but its gonna take some time to do.. lots of little steps. who knows when the headers will go on :bawl:
Those headers shouldn't take to long. I did mine a long time ago, it took me a little while cause I was scared to mess something up. Its allways my luck something breaks. But it doesn't take to long.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts