GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know that Flowmaster makes a bunch of different mufflers, like the 30 series, 40 series, 50 series, etc. Can some explain to me what is the difference between all these?

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
which 1 do u think has the best tone?

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Exhaust tone is all in personal preference. I believe the 40 series are the loudest, while the 40 series delta flow is the loudest with the decreased resonance inside the cab. I'm not sure about the other series...

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I'm getting the new Super 40 Series Flowmaster muffler installed Tuesday.. I have the Gibson supertruck (hacked off pipes) and it's the same.. loud in the cab but not really that loud outside..

I am gonna try to post videos before/after exhaust change, so stay tuned for that. Plus you can always check out www.flowmastermufflers.com

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I think my truck has the 50 series (for SUV's?), i set off car alarms and its only loud inside when i'm pulling a trailer in 3rd gear.

·
Registered
658 Posts
i have a 40 series and normally you cant really hear it too much in the cab....but 90% of the time i have my cut off open and that opening is pretty much right under the cab so its freaking loud.....inside the cab and outside.... :rocking: :rocking: :rocking:

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I want my exhaust to be LOUD. I dont really care about the noise level inside the cab. I want people to know that I'm coming when I am 5 blocks away :evillol: which series should I get for this kinda of sound?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Slash4824 said:
I want my exhaust to be LOUD. I dont really care about the noise level inside the cab. I want people to know that I'm coming when I am 5 blocks away :evillol: which series should I get for this kinda of sound?
Yes, it will be very annoying after a while.. trust me. I recommend rolling around like Josh does... with electric exhaust cutouts! :read: :rocking:

Here are some manufacturers.. I'm gonna get some the second my warranty goes out :naughty:

http://www.dmhperformance.com/ecutout.htm

http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/QTEC/index.html

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cut offs r the sh!t. Stacy on Trucks TV put it on Copper head. What could be better than a 572 with straight pipes? :read:

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
KOEHRSENLB said:
hey yoskater, would u say that u weren't happy with the supertruck exhaust? i was thinkin about buyin it. is it that much louder in the cab?
No - I was actually very happy with it for a long time, and got many compliments on looks and sounds. Sevenfold can also comment on this.

I hacked off the pipes 'cause I got sick of the look, now it's louder in the cab, and a little louder outside... but since I saw the new Super 40 series flowmasters, I am wanting a change in exhaust's.. which is happening Tuesday :rocking:

Btw, the supertruck system really helped my performance too..

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
If you want to sound pretty good and it to be cheap, you can just get a flowmaster put in where the stock muffler is and keep the stock pipes. My brother did this and it only cost him about $90 ... while my true dual exhaust coast about $300 .. I should have saved the other $210.

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
You want loud? Try these:

They are what I believe are called Flowmaster Racing Mufflers. I went with an entire true dual custom install from a local muffler guy. I really like the sound and tone (but the price was not cheap for all that work). Some of you guys said the noise will get annoying after a while, but I guess I'm just a dumb ass kid who doesn't care :anitoof: I've rolling around with this system for more than a year and all I can think about is how to get it louder... I think I've mentioned this before, but when I first started it up my buddies thought I had more than just cat back exhaust work done to it...

I have a really crappy quaility movie of me starting it up...I'll see if I can find it...

However, I still wanna go louder, so this summer I'm considering into getting some custom pipes made to bolt on where the cats are right now...that way I can bolt the pipe in most of the year except for when I go get my inspection...however, I'm always worried when I mess with shit like this so I may ditch this idea later on...

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Theres a custom exhaust place in my town, I'll probably have them do the work on my truck. My friend's dad had them do his exhaust for both his 02 Ram and his 67 Firebird. The Rams not super loud, but it has a great tone to it.

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Ok...it didn't take as long as I thought I would to dig up this movie. Please note that I took this from my little digital camera's movie mode so don't get high hopes on great sound quaility.

http://hz.paccc.net/movies/exhaust.mov
WARNING: The movie is only 3.44 MB, but it is still highly unfriendly since it is being hosted off a cable connection.

I want to get another movie of like a drive by or at least a fast start off from a light, but I don't have anyone around usually to help...maybe I'll ask my girlfriend on Sunday or just see how it sounds like if I record it from the cab.

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
it wont work for me. I clicked the link, and waited for it to load. when it said it was done, nothing happend. then i tried playing it in wmp, and that didnt work

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Hmm...if it won't let you load it I would try right clicking the link and selecting the option "Save Target As..." and then playing it from your computer after it has downloaded. BTW, you'll need quicktime to play this (not WMP) since it is a *.mov

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got it workin, damn that sounds good

1 - 20 of 26 Posts