GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after what seems like forever, wiht work and all i finnally got to order my lift today, i am sooo exited, justin at cognito says that the kit will be in in about 3 weeks, i cant wait for then, i got a 7-9 inch system for my 2500hd big block, quad cab, i never though i would get this pumped about it but i am, this is awesome. :rocking: i thank my dad cuz hes helpin me out alot with the truck and what im doin to it. thanks pops :shake:

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Congrats man! I'm goona go order my PC lift tomorrow and I'm pretty excited too, so I know how you feel. :rocking:

·
OG
6,939 Posts
blade said:
after what seems like forever, wiht work and all i finnally got to order my lift today, i am sooo exited, justin at cognito says that the kit will be in in about 3 weeks, i cant wait for then, i got a 7-9 inch system for my 2500hd big block, quad cab, i never though i would get this pumped about it but i am, this is awesome. :rocking: i thank my dad cuz hes helpin me out alot with the truck and what im doin to it. thanks pops :shake:

Hey i see that you live in Kingwood i used to live there. We lived in the subdivision called Sand Creek. We lived about 4 streets from the pool on a street called sycamore creek. I might have those two names mixed up. I doubt you care just letting ya know hey also you got any older brothers or sisters maybe i know them. Wow i'm bored and it is Friday night and i'm sitting here on the damn computer

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
bad ass man. Whos installing it for ya? If ya need a installer let me know, I can be in houston....

Plus I want to see the new cognito kit :D

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
we live in kings point, so were pretty close, and i swear ive heard of that street, weve lived here for 4 years now, we moved from humble........ the lift is being put on by b n c offroad, i know there high or whatever but they put on alot of lifts, so i dont have a problem wiht them, dark E, you could put on one of these? that was a dumb question, you just basically rebuilt your truck, lol

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i got a brother he graduated this year and he off to aggieland, class of 04, travis boeker, and do you know emerson coughlin? he graduated to hes got a bad ass f350 wiht a 9 in sfa, he said it was nine, its pretty sweet.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Blade, I wouldnt bother with BNC. Stephen can do just as good of job and im sure he will be alot cheaper then BNC is for sure. Better to give the little guys some business if they are capable of doing the same job or better :imo

The setup sounds sweet, cant wait to see it...

·
Registered
832 Posts
Ok I'm gonna be the lamer.

I dont doubt the work that steven can do that has nothing to do with this. I do know one thing, Mistakes are just that, and they happen. If something were to go wrong with the install, or even if its a manufacturers defect who is accountable? If its a manufacturers defect, the first thing they will say is, did you have it installed by a certified installer, you say no they say so sorry. Say a mistake happens, is stephen now accountable for it? How would he pay for damages, what kind of warranty does he offer? If this were to come apart while you were driving, it could be bad, death could even result. Say you died, your parents are pissed, they sue stephen.

Yea yea everyone say im being stupid and it wont ever happen.

Stephen i think its cool that you install this stuff for people and your getting your name out there, but at the same time consider the consequences if a mistake happened. If you put a lift kit on someones truck and even if you put it on right, but something on the manufacturers end screws up and that kid dies, your in big trouble. Very Very Very Very big trouble.

Yall dont have to listen to me and no offense to stephen, its just most times you look at the good, getting it done for cheap, im making money installing it etc... and you overlook the dangers and legal aspects of things.

Ok, flame away.

·
6,656 Posts
actually I have a conract writen out. ANY problems with the instal itself, im accountable for and will fix at any cost. Manufactoring defects are covered by the manufactorer. Just so you know, BNC does not carry cognito so im just as certified to put them on as they are.

·
Keepin' it real...
2,284 Posts
Dark Eternal said:
actually I have a conract writen out. ANY problems with the instal itself, im accountable for and will fix at any cost. Manufactoring defects are covered by the manufactorer. Just so you know, BNC does not carry cognito so im just as certified to put them on as they are.
:word: to everything Dan said. A contract is fine and dandy, and will likely cover your ass in criminal proceedings, but a contract like that is worthless in a civil lawsuit. Sure, you say you'll fix a mistake, whatever the cost.... Thats great, but you're obviously not looking at the big picture. What about other circumstances? If someone got in a wreck, and one of the parties involved (not necessarily your "customer") see the lift kit and decides that its an easy target. Somebody might come after you, as the installer, claiming faulty installation or improper application (regardless if its true or not). You'd be screwed, unless you have a liability insurance policy. That opens a whole new can of worms, as taking out a business insurance policy would make it totally necessary to report your "business" income with IRS, the city will make sure you have appropriate zoning for the location of business taking place, etc.

Doing installs and stuff for money isnt a good idea. About the only time its safe to do stuff like that is if its for your very close friends, and you have the plausible deniability of "hey, I didnt install it, I just stopped by to lend a hand." Get what I'm saying?

·
6,656 Posts
pretty much all of the instals are like that. If they want they can just buy me a tool that I need as payment. This by no means is a buisness, just a way to pay for some tools so I can do more advanced work and instals (think fab... welders.... tube benders....)

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Yeah, it does seem like most of the people that stephen does installs for are either friends or people on the site that he becomes friends with. I do the same sorta thing when it comes to installs. Ill do it for good friends or whatever, have them sit there with me during the whole thing, help me out, all that, depending on what it is, i may not charge anything, or may just ask for tools or whatever like stephen does. Wait till you have a business before you get too crazy with shit you do.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
you are not as "certified" as BNC. im sure they have tons of insurance in case of a lawsuit. that is the difference. i agree you are competent and capable of installing, just as me and my friends are. you just have to be careful what you get yourself into. business insurance is a beautiful thing.

as for the cognito, justin is a very good guy! i was very close to ordering his 7-9" kit myself. good luck, and you are gonna have one badass kit!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Stephen, where exactly do you live? PM me. I'm at school at SMU right now. I'd love to come by and meet you and admire your truck. :bowtie:

by the way, nice body color. :D

·
6,656 Posts
when im in dallas im right off of renner and 75, hopefully after next weekend my truck will be up here.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.