GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ripped an upper ball joint boot when I was taking it off of a 99 silverado. Can I just go to the parts store/gm and get a new rubber boot?

·
PaintWorx
418 Posts
not sure on that, you probably can. When i replaced my joints they had a new one with em and i ripped that son gun tryin to put it on!

·
layin big rubber
1,457 Posts
if u can find someone to sell just the boot, let me know also

my local dealer said no
and napa and partsamerica.com =no

·
Suburbanite
597 Posts
I ripped an upper ball joint boot when I was taking it off of a 99 silverado. Can I just go to the parts store/gm and get a new rubber boot?
I know companies like Energy Suspension, Daystar, etc sell polyurethane ball joint boots that do not rip and IIRC they aren't that expensive.:D

·
Registered
150 Posts
I've gotten just the boot before...at Advance Auto Parts...look in the aisle where they have all the "HELP" red blister packs. It won't be an exact fit, though.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I've gotten just the boot before...at Advance Auto Parts...look in the aisle where they have all the "HELP" red blister packs. It won't be an exact fit, though.
:lol:I remember I got a replacement tailgate cable from the "HELP" aisle. A lot of stuff for older vehicles there.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Eh, since it's a '99 it probably has some mileage on it. I'd just replace the entire joint. Not that hard, not that expensive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts