GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 3/4 ton Extended cab long bed 6.0L 4x4 and was wondering if i can drop it. I really want a lift kit, but i cant do it myself and havent found any shops in my area that will do a 10" kit and if i cant get the lift i wanna lower it cuz i think either way the truck looks really cool. i would wanna go low enough to clear 20s and turn w/o any problem

·
Banned
487 Posts
okay lowered trucks are cool, but lowering a 4x4 is retarded. you should be kicked in the junk

you dont need a 10" lift... get a 4 or 6 suspention and call it good, wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy smarter than lowering a 4x4

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NastyGMC said:
okay lowered trucks are cool, but lowering a 4x4 is retarded. you should be kicked in the junk

you dont need a 10" lift... get a 4 or 6 suspention and call it good, wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy smarter than lowering a 4x4
first off..never said i was going go lower it right god damn tommorow. Second, its my truck dont worry about it. I didnt say i needed a 10" lift i just WANT one. and if no shop around here is gonna lift it then why the hell not lower it. I didnt buy the truck, i didnt pick out any of the options it was a gift. So you sir, should be kicked in the junk for being so rude, its not your truck and you're never gonna see it so why the hell do you care so much?

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Yes, you can lower a 4x4. Check out the spindle drops available. Those combined with torsion keys can get you pretty low up front. The back is no different than a 2wd :)

You can pull the standard "lift blocks" as well as a shackle/hanger kit or a combination of many other things.

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Y2KSierra said:
Yes, you can lower a 4x4. Check out the spindle drops available. Those combined with torsion keys can get you pretty low up front. The back is no different than a 2wd :)

You can pull the standard "lift blocks" as well as a shackle/hanger kit or a combination of many other things.
why thank you for the nice, non rude and informative reply

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NastyGMC said:
you fuckin a right im an asshole.. but even assholes know better than to lower a 4x4.. that makes about as much sence as squating down to pee.
well yeah asshole i want to lift it, but if no shops lift it im not just gonna leave it, i wanna do soemthing with it. and why does it bother you that much, its not like im stealing your 4x4 and lowering it...simmer the fuck down

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Nasty,

Consider this one of your many warnings. You are cutting it very close here :read:

If you don't like lowered trucks, stay OUT of the street suspension section.

Spitfire has done nothing wrong here, and i'm ashamed he is getting this kinda attitude on here.

Clean up your act nasty, or you won't be allowed to stay :read:

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Y2KSierra said:
Nasty,

Consider this one of your many warnings. You are cutting it very close here :read:

If you don't like lowered trucks, stay OUT of the street suspension section.

Spitfire has done nothing wrong here, and i'm ashamed he is getting this kinda attitude on here.

Clean up your act nasty, or you won't be allowed to stay :read:
thank you...and all over a question, i just wanted to know if it was even possible..geez..oh well, thanks for all your help y2ksierra

·
Banned
487 Posts
haha no one steals my truck.... put the lift on yourself! save some $

okay okay y2k me leave street forum....but i think of this as more of an opionion than bashing. and i just got back!!!!!! i need atleast a 2 month grace period! :crazy:

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
some kits require welding, dont have a welder, have every other tool known to man but no welder. and i dont have the time, i have another car so i can just drop the truck off while they do it. installation time is of no concern to me, just as long as its done right

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
there is a guy on here with a badass lowered 4x4 on 22's. i think his name is quicksilverz71.

check his truck out

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
Jeff said:
there is a guy on here with a badass lowered 4x4 on 22's. i think his name is quicksilverz71.

check his truck out
yup steve has his z71 lowered... i say do whatever you want.. you hook up way better with 4x4.

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
if you take the small oem lift block out of the back and crank your keys down it will look a little lower about 1" in front and 2" in back, best part is it is free
this is a pic of that with stock SS 20's on it

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Hey I'm here with my LOWERED 4X4 ha ha, ya you can lower it. I did the Mcguaghy spindles and new torsion bar keys from Belltech in the front. In the rear I took out the lift blocks and put Belltech shackles and Mcguaghy hangers. It rides good and no problems, and the 4x4 still works. I did it all myself except the spindles I let the body shop do that. Don't let anyone tell ya not to lower a 4x4 cause like you said its your truck and its what you want! I think its funny now cause it happens everytime someone posts this question

DSC01010.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
NastyGMC said:
you fuckin a right im an asshole.. but even assholes know better than to lower a 4x4.. that makes about as much sence as squating down to pee.
i sometimes squat to pee, after downing a quart of Jack Daniels its very hard to pee directly in the toilet. my wife isnt cool with cleaning up piss off the floor every weekend since im a drunk, sooooo sometimes, to be nice, i sit down and take a leak. HAHAHA.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts