GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Gm truck junkie
3,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think ive seen it done before, if so what do i need to do it in my 04?

·
Registered
232 Posts
eric36 said:
I think ive seen it done before, if so what do i need to do it in my 04?

DAMN!! that is a sweet idea, i had thought about moving mine so i could put a screen there. i might have to steal your idea :shake:

·
Gm truck junkie
3,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Never did try this in my o4 but now i am thinkin bout it again for my 06.
Has anybody done this yet?
Will the ac controls fit up there?

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
I have a spare A/C controller and I put it up there next to my console and its too wide.........

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
Sweet thinking........... why not go a step further and put it in the center console hidden away from view 'less you got a CD changer in there.

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
I might put it on the side of the center console......I dont think my driver information center will fit in the above pocket either! Daaaaang!

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Yes it can work. I've been wanting to do this for while to make room for a nice eq but never had. Here is a pic that i got from another member tho.
ACinconsole.gif

·
Gm truck junkie
3,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Does all the electrical come out of the housing on the control?

·
Rollin Dirty
520 Posts
Is it possible to switch from the manual controls, to the dual zone electronic controls?

·
Gm truck junkie
3,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
anybody else have some more pics of this done?

·
Flyin V Customs
1,781 Posts
i dont have the pics but my buddy just did this to his 07 classic silvy to make room for the 15" lcd in the dash.

his truck had the manual controls but he converted it to the digital one. i dont think that much has to be changed. i think one of the plugs are different on the back and he had to put in a new ambient temp. sensor so the automatic fuction would work.

as far as relocating the controls in the overhead console, all you have to do is extend all the wires and glass the HVAC faceplate into the console. the opening in the console needs to be trimmed because it is not exactly square. and yes the electronics come apart from the faceplate.

·
Gm truck junkie
3,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i dont have the pics but my buddy just did this to his 07 classic silvy to make room for the 15" lcd in the dash.

his truck had the manual controls but he converted it to the digital one. i dont think that much has to be changed. i think one of the plugs are different on the back and he had to put in a new ambient temp. sensor so the automatic fuction would work.

as far as relocating the controls in the overhead console, all you have to do is extend all the wires and glass the HVAC faceplate into the console. the opening in the console needs to be trimmed because it is not exactly square. and yes the electronics come apart from the faceplate.

Is there anyway you can get pics? and maybe more info on everything he had to do, i have manual controls and would love to switch over to digital when i move them over head.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts