GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont have the money right now to get shocks and i was wondering if i could run stock shocks for a couple of weeks i really dont care about how it rides right now i just want the damn thing lowered. i know you can run the fronts but what about the rears.

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anybody have any old rear drop shocks that are just laying around. or maybe i can just borrow some i'm dead serious i know i just said borrow shocks but if someone has some spares or something they dont want to sell. I promise i will send them back i just need them for a couple of weeks

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
Just do what bcubed said. I used my stock shocks with shock extenders until I could afford to buy my drop shocks.

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
can i get it from stylin and how much does it cost

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
I think you should save your $$$... and DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME

You will be much happier with the dropped truck that rides well on the road rather than bottoming out everywhere you go and blowing your stockers away in a few days of driving.

Just get the drop kit and save for the shocks.... then save for the shocks, they aren't that much anyways.... then install it all at the same time.

i'm not saying you can't use stockers on a 4/6... but I wouldn't see much point unless the truck was just sitting there.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
The front will work with the LCA's...the Rear's won't at all. You'll need much shorter shocks. I think if you run them you'll just blow them out quickly and then have no ride at all

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i have a set of shocks in my garage when i was 2/4... they are shitty shocks, but i figure its better than nothing. I'll find out how much they are to ship. PM me if you want them

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are shock relocaters and shock extenders the same thing. 1buda said he just used his stock shocks with shock extenders on his truck. But bcubed said to use shock relocaters

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
Blue02 said:
Are shock relocaters and shock extenders the same thing. 1buda said he just used his stock shocks with shock extenders on his truck. But bcubed said to use shock relocaters
Shock relocaters this for the front when you bag it. You relocate your front shocks to another position other than the stock position. Shock entenders just extends your shocks it doesn't relocate them. If you need pics just holler back and I see if I can post them.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Blue02 said:
Yeah, I meant the same thing, it just lowers your mounting point for the shock so the longer shock will work in the lowered suspension.

BTW I'm running my stock shocks in the back, of course my back rides like shit :crazy: soon to be corrected though.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Actually, shock extenders maintain a proper shock absorber angle. Most people think they allow you to retain the factory shock absorbers but that isn't entirely true. :read:

Also, I agree w/ Chris99GMC.....do it once, do it right. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts