GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I take a 2006 Grille and directly swap onto my 03 Duramax? I have a Fuel Offroad insert that is for the 06 grille. It would require cutting up my 03 grille a good amount which would cost me the mounting points.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
yes

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome, that's good news to hear. Thanks everyone. Hopefully I wil lhave a build thread going shortly. I'm about to do the front end conversion and the SAS as well on it.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Noone asked of it was Sierra or Silverado

:big_banana_Dance::big_banana_Dance:

Which is it?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
The OP's username is Bigblackchevy so I think it was pretty safe to assume Silverado.

It's Bigblackchevy99, referring to maybe a 99 Chevy. ops talking about an 03. People make names on here based on the current truck they have, get a new truck, but then leave old username. Can't just assume based off username.

But, besides that, as far as I know no one swaps grilles on the sierras, and the grille swap is a silvy mod.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
The OP's username is Bigblackchevy so I think it was pretty safe to assume Silverado.
:facepalm:

It's Bigblackchevy99, referring to maybe a 99 Chevy. ops talking about an 03. People make names on here based on the current truck they have, get a new truck, but then leave old username. Can't just assume based off username.

But, besides that, as far as I know no one swaps grilles on the sierras, and the grille swap is a silvy mod.
We do swap grilles, but its the 99-02 sierras swapping to 03+. I didnt think about his truck being 03. Ma bad

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
We do swap grilles, but its the 99-02 sierras swapping to 03+. I didnt think about his truck being 03. Ma bad
Yep, it's grille and bumper for the 99-02 Sierra going to 03+. Just didn't mention it since ops truck is already 03. It's okay, you're forgiven, lol.

actually it will, it'll just look funny

Looks like crap, seen a few ig pages post this guys truck a few weeks back. Hood and those headlights, ugh.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
haha sorry for never mentioning it. It is a silverado. I'm definitely going to do the hood as well. Thanks everyone for the input!

·
A Proud Texan
4,156 Posts
Here's a better look, just too much of an eyesore, that gap

·
Multiple GMFS owner
2,098 Posts
That's the worst of both cateye fronts, I always wanted to do a 06 hood with my 04 grile and rework the sides of the grille to line up

1 - 19 of 19 Posts