GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I have a 10 switch box and I am thinking of buying a switch box, but will it work? Will I just loose see-saw and pancake or what? It's been so long since I wired mine up I can't remember.
 

·
samcarol
Joined
·
3,596 Posts
well, it depends on which box you get. I've seen 8 switch boxes where each switch controls one bag, but there is a seperate dump and in switch. So each switch only does one thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
342 Posts
if u find one that just gets rid of seasaw and pancake hoook a brotha up. My ten is to big for me, not comfortable to drive around with in my lap. Wouldn't mind one a lil smaller.
 

·
Jason RIP
Joined
·
6,062 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
well, it depends on which box you get. I've seen 8 switch boxes where each switch controls one bag, but there is a seperate dump and in switch. So each switch only does one thing.
That would sort of be strange, cause theoretically you could then open the in and the dump both at the same time, resulting in nothing but just wasting a bunch of air, PPSSSSSSTTT :LOL:
 

·
Orale Homes....
Joined
·
1,796 Posts
I think I'm switching to regular rocker switches on mine as soon as I build a console for it. I'm starting to really dislike my switchbox.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,351 Posts
groundscraper said:
I think I'm switching to regular rocker switches on mine as soon as I build a console for it. I'm starting to really dislike my switchbox.......
I'm doing the same, I hate my switchbox.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,693 Posts
i love my switchbox. i have 4 switches on my dash that were installed when my truck was 'bagged, but since i've had the box hooked up i dont even use them anymore.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the only thing I hate about my box is that sometimes the switches will stick. When I build my console I was going to put the switches in it, but now I don't think I will because I love the box so much. Plus if you get pulled over just hit the air ride switch and throw the box behind the seat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,351 Posts
Getting pulled over isn't a big concern for me. When I got pulled over the switch box was sitting on top of my center console and the cop never said a word.

I've had my box slide off my console more than once and air up or down one or more corner
 

·
Orale Homes....
Joined
·
1,796 Posts
grounded said:
Getting pulled over isn't a big concern for me. When I got pulled over the switch box was sitting on top of my center console and the cop never said a word.

I've had my box slide off my console more than once and air up or down one or more corner
I hear that. That's happened to me a few times. Sometimes I accidentally set my work planner down on it and one or more corners airs up.....
 

·
Jason RIP
Joined
·
6,062 Posts
way2hi said:
the only thing I hate about my box is that sometimes the switches will stick. When I build my console I was going to put the switches in it, but now I don't think I will because I love the box so much. Plus if you get pulled over just hit the air ride switch and throw the box behind the seat.
I think it would be cool to build a console that had a recessed area you could put your switchbox in while dirving .. and then you could remove it parked .. that way no sliding around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've had my box slide off my console more than once and air up or down one or more corner
I always have mine in my lap, I'd be too scared to sit it anywhere else.

Most cops around here won't say anything about bags, but our state troopers will.

I think it would be cool to build a console that had a recessed area you could put your switchbox in while dirving .. and then you could remove it parked .. that way no sliding around.
I've thought about that, but I'd do the oppisite, remove it while driving and set it in while parked.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,351 Posts
way2hi said:
I always have mine in my lap, I'd be too scared to sit it anywhere else.

Most cops around here won't say anything about bags, but our state troopers will.
Yeah, I get nervous when I see the state guys. Those cats are hardasses and don't play most of the time.
 

·
Jason RIP
Joined
·
6,062 Posts
way2hi said:
I always have mine in my lap, I'd be too scared to sit it anywhere else.
Be careful hitting those switches with it sitting in your lap at stop lights, people next to you might think you are playing with yourself :LOL:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
356 Posts
The guys that don't like your current switchboxes look in to the Ride Pro E. Mine got installed not too long ago and I love it. Much happier now, i can finally rest my arm on my center console.
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top